It took me a few minutes to catch my breath again after Noah pulled away. I felt like we were in this little bubble that nobody could ever pop. That was until I saw Noah's eyes. They were pitch black. I had figured out for myself that when a werewolf's eyes turn black they are angry. After the black eyes comes the changing and the fighting.

"What's wrong? What did I do?" I asked in a panic. I was reliving the kiss in my head trying to think what I could have possibly done that would make him angry. I couldn't figure it out. I hadn't really moved at all besides my hands on his shoulders. Was he one of those people that didn't like their shoulders being touched? His hands had found their way under my pyjama top and were still sitting on my waist. Was it because I was a bigger girl? If that was the case then I wasn't apologizing. In fact, If that was the case he could get fucked, Mate or not.

After a few seconds he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened them again his eyes had lightened slightly, they were now a dull charcoal colour with a few specks of green and blue. He kissed me once on the forehead and then made himself comfortable beside me again.

I placed my hand on his chest and was surprised by the violent thuds coming from his heart.

"Why were you mad?" I asked my voice barely audible.

"Mad? I'm not mad, what made you think that?" Noah chuckled and then pulled me closer.

He was lying on his side with his thighs pressed against my leg; now that we were closer I could feel his erection pressed against me which made my core throb.

"Your eyes were black; doesn't that mean you're angry?" I said trying to keep the conversation going so I would stop thinking about ripping his pants off.

Noah giggled and kissed my forehead again.

"No, it means my wolf wants to come out. Even though those pyjamas look hot as hell, Right now my wolf wants to rip them off and mate with you, But me being a gentleman, I managed to push him back" He laughed and then pulled me against his chest.

"Don't look so worried, I won't let him take over....yet" he said laughing again.

"So you were telling me about mates" I said as I ran my fingers over his abs, I loved the feeling of his muscles beneath my fingers.

"Well, there's other things you need to know about too, like packs, the hierarchy within the pack, and what you can expect when you make the change, Then you will have more of an understanding about mates and how they work" he said seriously

It sounded like a lot to take in but I wanted to know more about Noah and his world. If I was going to be a part of it I needed to learn about it. I had given up on trying not to feel anything for Noah this afternoon when I saw him and Brian fighting in my back yard; it scared me thinking that Brian might hurt him. And then when he kissed me downstairs before my mom got home, I knew there was no point in fighting it, I wanted Noah, even if he was a wolf. I now knew that I would soon be one too.

I nodded my head and waited for Noah to begin. I wasn't tired anymore, I would much rather listen to Noah talking.

"Well.... A pack, is exactly that, A whole heap of smaller families making up one big family, Our pack is quite small but we have great blood lines, My father is the Alpha, which makes my mother the Luna, They are the leaders of the pack, What the Alpha says, goes. The Luna also has power over the pack but the Alphas word is final. I will take over the pack next week. I was meant to take over when I turned eighteen but instead I asked to go to law school. I knew it would benefit our pack. Then there is the Beta, The Beta is the second in command, When the Alpha is away on business or anything, the beta is in charge. When I take over I will choose my own Beta, since uncle Max and Aunt Dana didn't have any kids, and Uncle max will retire and I suppose then hell finally be able to do some work at the diner instead of leaving it all up to Aunt Dana" He laughed before starting again

"Then there's the third in command, at the moment that is Sean, you'll meet him when you get introduced to the pack. Sean is my father's closest friend besides Uncle Max, He was born in Canada but he speaks with an Irish accent because he thinks it makes him sound cooler. He's a little scary but he's the most trust worthy man in the pack"

"So after that there are several jobs within the pack, there is the guard, which are guards that are assigned to the pack prison, the alpha and the Luna and Ally and I also get stuck with guards. Most pack members must do rounds which means running the perimeter of our pack boundaries and checking for any signs of trespassers or trouble, Its usually only two or three times a week" he said

It actually sounded quite simple, it was a basic hierarchy, not too many people involved, basically don't piss off the Alpha and you'll be fine.

"What about Ally? What will she be?" I asked. Ally was the Alpha's daughter; would she get a special position?

"Ally will just be Ally, She won't really have a title, she's a fierce fighter and I would trust her with my life, but when it comes to a fight I would prefer it if you and her were somewhere safe, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if either of you got hurt" he said pulling my chin up and pecking me on the lips.

"Now can you tell me about mates?" I asked, the more I learnt about mates the more I accepted that Noah was mine and I was his. I just needed to know more so I could understand all these feelings.

Noah chuckled and then sighed loudly. "Well, you are my mate and I am yours, Every wolf has a mate. Since you're human you will feel the connection but the pull won't be as strong as it will be when you make the change"

"It means.....I will never want anybody else, even looking at other girls will be repulsive. I will never let anyone hurt you ever again and I will do everything I can to make sure your happy, and it will be the same for you. Our wolves will always be happier and more settled when we are together. When you ran away from me this morning my wolf howled for you to come back. Even after I changed back he was fighting for control so he could run to you and be with you again. But I knew you needed your space" Noah looked into my eyes and I could see that it was hurting him to think about my disappearing act this morning.

"You talk about your wolf as if it's another being, or like a second personality" I stated lowering my eyes to his chest and then looking back at his face when I felt I could concentrate again.

"It's kind of like Yu-gi-oh" he said laughing, I loved his laugh, it was such a beautiful sound. "It's hard to explain. I guess he's like an alter ego in some ways, when I am in my wolf form I have more animalistic instincts, when I'm in my human form I still have those instincts in the back of my head and my wolf forces them to the surface sometimes, but I am able to control it....sometimes. Like today, when I was fighting with Brian, My wolf wanted to go in for the kill, as did I, but I knew it would upset you, I know you have history with him which makes my blood boil, but he's in your past, this is your future" He said pulling me closer again. I felt like there were absolutely no gaps in between us.

I swallowed loudly when I thought about Noah killing Brian. It was only a few days ago when I loved him, Even though I hated him for what he did, would I still be laying in the same bed as Noah if he had have killed Brian?

"So I guess you could say it's an alter ego. We are the same being, but we are different, if that makes sense" Noah finished

Strangely it did make sense to me, I understood what he meant, however confusing it was.

"I don't want to go to school tomorrow" I stated, feeling like I could just stay locked up in my room with Noah forever.

"Well you don't have to" Noah chuckled. "It's only Sunday tomorrow" he laughed louder this time and I joined in realising I had my days mixed up. With all the excitement of this week end could anyone blame me?

"You should sleep, it's almost three AM" Noah said then he placed a kiss on my forehead and reached over me to turn my bedside lamp off. I turned over to face the opposite direction and settled my back against Noah's chest. His arm slipped over my hip and held me against him. It felt perfect.

I closed my eyes and wriggled my rear back against Noah.

"Sweet dreams Dylan" Noah whispered into my ear before I drifted off to sleep.

Well there it is my little cherubs, Another chapter down and dusted. Let me know what you think!