.chapter thirty-five.

Chapter 35:
When I wake up the next morning Mitch is no where to be seen. I walk down the stairs still in my pyjamas to see Brayden and Francesca sat there planning things over a cup of coffee.

I clear my throat making them look up.

"Oh hey Emory!" Brayden welcomes, "How'd you sleep?"

"I didn't." I admit. I take a seat across from them, placing my feet on the edge of the coffee table.

"Do you want a cup of coffee?" Francesca asks. I shake my head and find myself thinking even more than I did last night.

They continue planning things I don't pay any attention to. I course over the questions I had difficulty with all night.

How am I the first mixed breed if I'm not even a mix of both a witch and a shapeshifter?

How am I even the first mixed child when Mr Knightley and his twin brother both have powers?

Is Kendra actually Bee? Where's Wacky Kendra staying if Francesca is still in the house?

Where's the spoon I received yesterday? How did that even get to me all the way from wherever Ira Oliver is staying. Maybe he's not as far away as I thought- maybe he's one of my teachers.

Mr Grimm. What-

"Emory?" I jolt awake to my surroundings and find Brayden staring intently at me from across the table, "You okay?"

Francesca finally turns her body to me, unwrapping her legs from underneath her and portraying her body language differently. I'm a client to her, not a little pen pal like Brayden.

I ignore his question, using my personal bodyguard for what she's meant to be used as, "So, Mr Knightley- does he have multiple powers? And do I? Like, you never explained this.."

"Well no." She sets her mug down, "You're just stronger than Bianca- you don't have more powers than her. Him and his brother both had the same gift. They were very close when they were younger, Ira always being the more dominant twin. Mr Knightley would be pretty light when it came to projects whereas Ira went hardcore. Ira would test out his little side experiments on his brother all the time, and of course Mr Knightley wouldn't tell his parents as he was very shy-"

"Wait." I hold a hand up to her for two reasons. 1) Mr K was actually shy and 2, "You're telling me that Ira is some sort of... Mad Scientist?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying, anyways-" I widen my eyes at her, "as a result of one of his experiments, Mr Knightley lost his powers as a Mad Scientist. But, they attended this school, and one of the teachers was a Grim, which is abnormal for the teachers to even have powers."

"Well then what are they?" I ask.

"Hold on," she waves me off, "So that teacher was dying and he didn't have any family to pass the powers on to, so he gave them to Mr Knightley who always showed an interest in other mythical creatures." Francesca finished.

"But Ira still thinks Mr Knightley has all of his powers?"

"Maybe, that's why he wants you. He's seen what happens between mixed breeds, he knows what power he could gain."

"And Mrs Mary?" I inquire.

"Mr Knightley was only given these new powers around the age of 15, and within a few years, the head master of this school had tracked down Mrs Mary who came from a similar background as you." Brayden took over.

"And that would be?"

"A normal human. Then when she came here they fell in love and all that stuff and then got married." Francesca pulled a disgusted face at Brayden's words.