.chapter twenty-four.

Chapter 24:
"Perfect timing in 3 2 1.." Brayden counted down. He had lugged both of them individually to the front steps of the manor. The black car had followed us home like a dog and now we were crouched behind the far wall of the building.

Like puppets they both sprung to life, jolting they're limbs in a jump scare fashion.

"Ah, my head hurts." Wesley complained. His hand instinctively rising to his brain, unlike Jessica who was giggling like crazy.

"I say we go find somewhere private to hang out." I laughed and Brayden instinctively placed his hand over my lips to control them. I placed my two hands on top of his, hoping that I wouldn't laugh anymore. Neither of the teens were phased by my slip up.

Wesley smirked,"I need a beer and then we can." He left the girl with curious hands by herself and started walking our way.

"Quick, uh... We need to." I cut off Brayden's panic with my lips on his. He jumped into action, moving me so that I was pressed between his warm body and the brick wall.

His hands found my lower back, mine travelling to the nip of his neck.

The gravel shifting under Wesley's feet alarmed my inner actress to pull apart from Brayden. I gasped in shock at the angry guy. A very real blush rose onto my cheeks as he glared at Brayden. Brayden shrugged a hand up to the spot where I was previously playing with his hair. An awkward blush reaching his cheeks, Wesley fumed out a breath.

"What do you think you're playing at?" He shoved Brayden back so that he was beside me on the wall. Only an angered whisper was slapping us in the face. No one wanted Mis Pea Head to know what was going on.

Brayden didn't take this, returning the anger at the same level.

"Saving your life, dumb ass." Brayden shoved him back by his collar. Brayden's force wasn't as strong, making me wonder what Wesley actually is.

"I was perfectly fine before, I wasn't actually drunk." Wesley spat in his face.

"Well sorry for caring about you, I guess I won't do that gain." Brayden was furious. A single vein exploiting itself in his forehead he went on,"C'mon Emory. We don't need this."

Brayden grabbed my hand and whisked me away back to our cabin.

Once we were out of Wesley's sight he dropped my hand. Why do guys do that? That was our first kiss and it was as if it never happened. I mentally whine at the lack of contact.

His breathing was heavy, fuming it's way out of pressured lungs.

"I hate that guy." He spat through a firm jaw.

"Hey, don't get all pissed because of him. You were just trying to help." My palms held his cheeks to face me.

His eyes lowered to mine and I smiled.

"Anyways, because of him I got to kiss you so." I smirked and walked away from him with a bounce in my step.

"You know, you could do that anytime." He hinted, his attitude decreasing to level with my sarcasm.

"Hmm," I thought, never slowing my pace to match his,"But what if I don't want to kiss you at those times?"

My wrist was swirled around and pulled into him. I giggled at our proximity feeling his hot breath against my lips.

"You're saying I'm not irresistible?" He whispered. Our foreheads pushed together by an inanimate force and he bit his lower lip.

"I never said that." I whispered back. I hope my breath smells okay... All those salt and vinegar chips are terrorizing me right now.