.chapter seven.

Chapter 7:
It was now Wednesday, halfway through the week. I slept like a baby last night. Bee visited me again, it was as if she had come back for a brief moment from running away. Although, she wouldn't tell me why she ran away. She just said something about needing to get away.

Whether that was directed toward me or herself I don't know.

Apparently today I'd get to experience some of the classes for myself. I'd been given a uniform that I could wear to feel more apart of the school. Kendra let me borrow some of hers.

I was currently in her room with Chai laying on the bed and Kendra typing away on her laptop. She said something about some sale that she needed to partake in.

"I feel so ugly." I whined as I looked at my reflection. A grey pleated skirt was hung high on my waste with a frumpy, maroon sweater tucked into it. My legs were wrapped uncomfortably in light nylons and my ankle socks' older, much taller siblings were cladded to my feet. Who invented shin-high socks anyways? Why are they a thing?

I also had to pull out an old pair of black flats to wear instead of my typical boots.

All I could do to be individual was my hair style, and I just let it hang down. So interesting, I know.

"Gee, thanks. I really appreciate it." Kendra called over to me where I stood in front of the mirror. Chai snorted and sat up to look at me.

"Awe, I think you look cute. Plus that skirt makes your legs look good." I'd come to realize that Chai was a very positive person and it made me feel two ways. One, happier that she was a little ball of sunshine. And two, sad because I wish I was that happy all the time.

"Thanks Chai." I smiled kindly over at her.

"I'm hungry!" Kendra announced and slammed her laptop to make a dramatic exit out of the room. Chai and I looked at each other, chuckled and followed after her to get some food.

The boys were waiting at the bottom of the stairs for us to go get breakfast. I was the last down the stairs, my arms protectively wrapped around my waist out of insecurity.

Kendra was a much slimmer build than me, so I felt like I was bulging unpleasantly out of her clothing.

When Ryan saw me he let out a girly scream and jumped into Hudson's arms for dear life.

"She's-shes been corrupted." He pointed a fake shaky finger near me.

I gave him my best bitch stare and pretended to ferociously bite his finger. He pulled it away just in time and my teeth clambered together. That really hurt not gonna lie.

"She's not in a good mood, don't harass her." Kendra said as Chai rubbed my back.

"Don't tell Ryan that, we all know what he's like," Mitch started," you tell him one thing and he does the opposite." Everyone agreed, including me as he'd been quite the pest very soon after I got here.

He's one of those people who is friendly and all, but gets a lot of pleasure out of pulling pranks and bugging people.

"You're such an imp." I stated and walked out of the door first. I glanced behind me to see the rest of them paused in the doorway all staring at each other.

"Did I say something?" I cocked my head a bit, "Awe, I'm sorry Ryan. I didn't mean to be rude." I angled my body towards them and he followed me out the door.

"I am not an imp." He said whilst crossing his arms and sticking his hip out like a sassy toddler

"Mhmm, suuuure you're not." Hudson laughed and came to walk up beside me.