.chapter nineteen.

Chapter 19:
I sniffled and rolled over in bed. Instead of hitting cushiony pillows I fell and smacked my head off of the hardwood floor. My eyes popped open.

"Ow," I winced. Looking around I was back in my dorm. I released a big breath and sat up, squinting around the room in confusion. How did I get here?

I unwrapped a bulky black sweater from myself and stretched it out. Junior League Hockey framed perfectly across the chest. The sweet honeysuckle smell draping across it told me Brayden was the owner. Well, not anymore. The instant smile on my face faded as I continued looking over the room, landing on my digital clock.

I remember being at home. Chinese food, watching Criminal Minds with dad... And then going to the park? Why can I see my feet dangle off of the edge of the swing. And then something about Brayden's truck.

It stung my head just trying to think about it. We must've hung out and now I'm back here.

I winced at the shooting pain running up my frontal lobe. Trying to piece the puzzle together didn't help so I decided to head downstairs to see if Kendra made some more hot chocolate. My feet stuck to each chilled step and when I reached the base of the stairs no one was around.

"Someone doesn't look too good." Ryan smirked and walked out of the kitchen. I jumped back at him and he laughed. Don't scare me like that.

"Why is my head pounding?" I whined. He handed me a tumblr worthy mug of hot chocolate and grinned.

"You experienced your first Jam last night!" He cheered. I reached out and shushed him with a lazy hand rubbing over his face. He chuckled,"I take it you've never gotten drunk before?"

I shook my head. It doesn't sound like me, getting wasted.

"Beer smells bad why would I have it?" I thought aloud he shrugged and pushed my hair out of my eyes. I smiled into his sweet gesture.

"Just rest it off today so you can look good tomorrow for your picture." He cheekily smiled. I groaned, sinking back into the leather couch.

"Where's everyone else at?" I slowly took a sip of the hot cocoa. The whipped cream covered my upper lip so I left it there. I'm childish what's new?

"I think their decorating the cafe for thanks giving dinner tomorrow. Oh, I almost forgot!" He jogged over to the door and picked up a Zehrs bag.

"Apparently your dad dropped this off." I pulled the handles open to reveal a fancy outfit. Propped inside of the boots a hand written note caught my attention.

"Hope you had fun at The Jam! Wear this for thanks giving and church tomorrow. Xoxo Dad." I read out and face palmed. Ow, okay that hurt my head even more.

"So I did go to The Jam." I mumbled.

"Of course, why would I lie to you?" Ryan joked. I rolled my eyes making him laugh. He's a prankster, of course he lies all the time.

"So let me get this straight, tomorrow morning I have church, then my pictures, then a thanksgiving feast?" I counted. I pulled my phone out of my sweatshirt pocket and started making reminders for the next day.

"Pretty much, have fun!" He sat his mug down beside mine and walked towards the door.

"What where are you going?" I twisted around. He stood in the doorway holding the doorknob. Looking over his shoulder almost longingly he answered me.

"Well now I'm done babysitting you," he taunted,"so I've got to go carry in some canned goods and stuff." He slammed the door making sure it was extra loud to rebound against the walls of my brain. I hissed messaging my temples. Curse you, Ryan.