Chapter 31: The Uchiha Siblings [Naruto]

Start from the beginning

Asuma

"Leaf wind hurricane!" I flinched slightly when Gai's kick broke through Jazmine's block and she went flying across the field. I had asked Gai to help with Jazmine's training to advance her taijutsu; that would be her best advantage.

"Alright Gai let's take a break, I think Jazmine's had enough!" Gai slid to a stop as Jazmine slowly pushed herself up.

"You think?" I suppressed a laugh as she wiped the dirt from her face and tied back her blonde hair.

"I consider this more abuse than training Asuma Sensei, I can barely keep up with Gai Sensei's speed."

"Barely is good, that means you have a better chance of keeping up with Rin's speed." I noticed her frown slightly as she loosed her headband that hung around her neck.

"You worry too much Asuma sensei, Shikamaru is going against one of the sand genin and that girl was an incredible fighter." I sighed lightly.

"Is it because of Rin's preliminary match?" I looked up at her meeting her blue eyes and sighed but nodded.

"There's something dark and dangerous about her, I'm sure even you sensed it during her match." 

"The malice, hatred, and killer's instinct in her eyes? Well she's a psychotic Uchiha." I sighed lightly.

"This is serious Jazmine, if you're not careful she could kill you and I have feeling that she'd do it without a second thought"

"Rin is powerful not crazy."

"You'd be surprised on how thin the line is between those two." I noticed her frown slightly.

"So you think I can't beat her?"

"I have all confidence in you that you can fair very well in the final exam, I'm just worried. When she realized what she was doing couldn't beat Kabuto she stepped up on a whole other level."

"But he also had pissed her off and an angry Uchiha is a lot harder to deal with than a calm one." I nodded slightly knowing that was true. Rin was very hot blooded in battle but unlike most, anger made her stronger.

"Whatever you do Jazmine don't taunt her, don't compare her to her brothers, and don't call her Princess..."

"I always call her princess and sorry but to tell you the truth Rin is exactly like her brothers." I met her gaze once more.

"Above all do not mention her clan, that's an extremely soft spot for her."

"If your older brother murdered you're clan it would be a soft spot for you too." I frowned slightly.

"Jazmine..."

"I know, I know you've told me a million times that this is serious and I get it, don't get Rin pissed off unless I want to die."

"And don't look into her eyes." She looked at me confused and I smiled slightly.

"Alright you've lost me." I laughed slightly as I put my hands on my hips.

"Genjutsu, a very powerful sharingan based one at that if you're caught in it, the match is over." I explained. That was really all I understood of it.

"So how do I fight without looking at her?" I motioned to Gai.

"That's what he's here for." Gai grinned as he gave her a thumb up.

"Something Kakashi can't teach Rin is how to fight an opponent by watching their feet, not that she'd need it her Sharingan can see through almost anything so that will give you another advantage."

"Watching her feet?' Gai nodded.

"Follow her movements and respond accordingly, that's what I'm here to teach you." I heard her sigh as she leaned against a training post.

"You know last I heard Kakashi and Rin haven't even spoken since there meeting with Lord Hokage. Ino heard from Sakura that there not even allowed to see or talk to each other and she's being transferred to Gai sensei's team" I sighed glancing at Gai.

"Nothing has been confirmed yet since Kakashi got the Hokage to reconsider." I nodded slightly. Kakashi and Rin were the main talk around the village. Some were okay with it and happy for the two while others, mostly the older bunch thought they should be ashamed and banished or something. I was pretty mutual with the whole ordeal but still thought it was reckless on Kakashi's part.

"We can't afford to assume that she's not being trained." I told her and she shrugged.

"All I'm saying is with all this going on she's may be off her game."

"I'm not willing to take that risk, and you should know better than underestimating your opponent." She rolled her eyes and sighed as she returned to a fighting stance.

"Let's just get back to training." Gai looked to me and I nodded standing back as they began. She'd be ready, I knew she would be.

 Kakashi

I knew Sasuke was off, I could tell from his movements and over all lack of focus. I of course knew why. I sighed blocking another kick and pushing him back.

"Rin is fine you know." He slid to a stop before he reached me and sighed shaking his head.

"She didn't come home last night, I don't even know if she's in the village."

"She wouldn't leave you like that..."

"Rin tends to do stupid things lately if you haven't noticed." I sighed running a hand through my hair.

"I'd apologize but that wouldn't change how I feel about your sister."

"You're her sensei, you should be the grown up and tell her that this isn't going to work! You're going to find someone else whose older, stronger and more mature and leave me with a broken sister. Rin does not deserve that after the hell she's had to endure. I'm her older brother and I will always protect her from anything." I stared at Sasuke as he looked away from me.

"What's happened to Rin, the clan, her leaving it's not your fault." I noticed his fists clench and he shook his head.

"Do you really care about her? This isn't some twisted joke?"

"Yes, I wouldn't risk something like this just for a joke."

"Then keep her safe, protect her until I'm strong enough to." I nodded slightly.

"I promise to protect her and to always be at her side Sasuke" He looked up at me then with cold, hard eyes.

"And if you ever hurt her I will kill you." I nodded again knowing his threat wasn't empty. Rin was all he had and he would do anything to make sure she had a better life from here on out.

"Can we train properly now? I still need to help Rin with the Chidori too." He nodded then standing straight as began the hand signs. I sighed as I thought back on his words, he's just looking out for his sister, the one ray of light in his otherwise dark life