Chapter 38

Chapter 38

 I looked at my reflection in mirror. This was not Savannah Mason. This was some cookie cutter popular girl who didn’t give a care for the important things in life. Already I was starting to lose control of who I was. Two weeks in a cheerios uniform can do that to you I guess. If I thought I was popular before than I was sadly mistaken. Making me a cheerio was the biggest boost to Sylvester’s team she had gotten in months. Needless to say my friends and family were shocked to see me like this. Mouths dropped to this day when I passed through the halls to school. To be honest this was making me a little more snooty booty. Sometimes when I went and said something super mean to someone I just had to stop in my tracks. What was I doing? Who was I becoming? Whoever it was, I didn’t like it.

 Thankfully Jesse was back at school to be my support. He always told me that was who I was supposed to be, the person I was shaping into for the rest of my life. But was this who I really wanted to be? I was confused to say the least. I hadn’t really talked to Puck since my crazy idea that we should run away together. Actually, I hadn’t even really seen him either. That kind of worried me a bit. The last time something like that happened he ended up in juvie. I couldn’t understand what was going through his mind at times but that was one of the reasons I had fallen in love with him.

 Sighing, I picked my backpack up again and headed out to school. This wasn’t my ideal scenario but we work with what we got. Thankfully people weren’t gawking as much when I passed by in the halls as I headed to class. I self-consciously started to fidget around when some of the football players were eying me as I passed. I was never comfortable with it but as the time passed it started to get easier until finally it was something I strove for. It didn’t take long; my so-called will of iron was more like a will of spaghetti. I tried to not wear my cheerios uniform around school, hoping to just have to deal with it at practice but Coach Sylvester had her eye on me. So that wasn’t going to work. I’ve come to learn when Sue Sylvester wants something she gets it no matter what it is. I passed Michaela and Kate talking with their boyfriends by their lockers and I wanted to talk to them but two other cheerios drug me off before I could even say hi. Slowly but surely my old life, the me that I wanted to be but couldn’t was drifting away and getting replaced by this new self obsessed me.

 “Hey beautiful.” Jesse said coming up to me after cheerios practice and kissed my hand.

“Hey handsome.” I teased back only kissing him on the lips. He was wearing his football uniform because practice for them was about to start. I pulled back and picked up my bag and took a sip from my water bottle.

“You and me, tonight bowling alley. It’s on right?” Jesse asked just as his coach started to call him.

“Of course!” I smiled up at him and he leaned down to kiss me one last time before running off to join the others. My smile remained as I turned around to head to the lockers when I ran into Puck. I wasn’t watching where I was going and we smacked right into each other.

“Ouch! Watch where you are g-” I rubbed my arm which got squished between us but stopped when I saw who it was.

“Oh.” I breathed out not able to really move. He looked down at me questioningly.

“Savannah?” He asked almost like he couldn’t recognize me.

“Who else would it be?” I retorted getting annoyed. His face told me he didn’t like my tone.

“What are you doing here?” He asked ignoring my gibe.

“What do you think I’m doing? I’ve got practice.” I shook my head and looking around impatiently.