Chapter 30

Chapter 30

The time was here. It was the first day of school at last. And don’t think I was looking forward to it, which I wasn’t. I had already given Bianca the details as far as how things went down at McKinley, such as the right people to hang around, the wrong ones (and yes I included Danica on that list) and so on. She was a smart girl (like me… most of the time) but she took my advice and I was sure she would use it well. Bianca knew what went down with Puck and I so she promised to be extra careful, which made me relieved. I woke up around 6:00 a.m. Monday morning definitely not looking forward to school or seeing Puck. I got butterflies as I put in my earrings and did my hair. What would I do? What would he do? My mind was getting overrun with possibilities but I did my best to remain steady pulling out the outfit I had picked out. Like I said before I was going for a whole new look so a pair of tight black jeans, an off the shoulder black and silver top, and a pair of ankle boots suited nicely. I put on more makeup than I usually did and when I saw my finished reflection in the mirror I barely even recognized myself. The hair, the clothes, the makeup… it wasn’t me. The true me. Then again, that person was getting quite hard to find nowadays so I just went with it. High school is just a giant play remember? I’m simply becoming a new character is all.

“Ready to go Bianca?” I asked knocking on her door about 5 minutes to 7:00. She opened the door to reveal a stunning white dress with blue jewelry. She looked pretty like always and it made me bit jealous to know she could be who she was and I couldn’t.

“I love it cuz!” I said giving her a hug and brushing away my bad thoughts. She hugged me back smiling brightly. She would fit in well here and we would get along perfectly that much I did know.

“Thank you Savvy. You look… different.” She commented looking at my costume.

“Uh yea. I’m going for something new this year.” I replied as we headed downstairs. She nodded almost sadly and we popped into the kitchen to grab some food before we headed out.

“Look at you two. I think it will be good for Savannah to have a girl around. Well, a girl who isn’t twenty years older than her.” My mom teased giving us both a hug. I smiled despite my nervousness.

“Thanks Aunt Denise.” Bianca smiled happily taking a bowl for some cereal and I reached for a pop tart, blueberry was the best by far.

“You two excited about a new year?” Dad asked taking his dirty cereal bowl to the sink.

“Yes.” Bianca said nodding emphatically and I shook my head quickly.

“No.” I spoke without a care. It was the truth so why not say it.

“Bad Savannah. Maybe you should learn from Bianca here. She’s a good girl.” My dad smiled at my cousin making her blush at the compliment.

“Sorry, I’m a lost cause. Bad to the bone!” I said quoting the song and making a motion of air guitar.

“You are such a drama queen.” My mom rolled her eyes and smiled.

“I know.” I said kissing her cheek and popping in the last part of my breakfast.

“We gotta go cuz.” I said looking at the clock. “Not that I want to.” I continued making it known that I was going against my will. My family didn’t need to know exactly how upset I was still so I had to play like I was peachy.

“Have a good day sweetie. And remember, stay strong. You can do it.” My mom said hugging me quickly while Bianca finished her food.

“I got this mom. I’m pretty much over it. Well, mostly.” I answered trying to reassure her. It didn’t work obviously. Moms just do that.