XIII

"I promise to stay by your side." Jacob swore, entangling his pinky finger around hers. "If you say your I love you to me I will always be yours."

Since the day Jacob told her he'll court her, he never left her side. Sa tuwing mayroon silang vacant na parehas ang schedule ay magkasama sila palagi. As usual, Jacob always wait for her outside their classroom. Parehas lang naman sila ng building kaya hindi malayo ang nilalakad ni Jacob. He had said that walking is a great exercise, malawak kasi ang kanilang school at kahit na mayroon namang tricycle sa loob, hindi pa rin sumasakay roon si Jacob unless emergency. He always walks.

"Wow. I love you agad?"

"You don't want to hear it?" anito sabay sibangot.

Elaine kept her smile hidden because she felt tingles swarm on her bottom as she stared at his face. He looked so cute doing what he was doing. His thick eyebrows were almost touching each other when he creased his forehead. He also crinkled his nose and pouted his lips. She bit her lips as their eyes made contact. A smirk appeared on his beautiful face as he leans down into her making Elaine freeze on her spot, making her heart beat faster than the usual.

She gasped when he felt his hair prickled the sensitive skin of her neck making her gasp in surprise. He let out a soft chuckle sending the tingles swarming on the apex of her tighs all over her body making the hairs all over her body prickle. Damn that laugh so hot.

"You look so cute looking at me like that. But I don't want you always looking at me like that because I don't know what I could do. I never crossed any boundaries, miss."

That made Elaine laugh. "You never crossed any boundaries? Dream on! Sigurado ako you've crossed so many lines."

Jacob laughed, "I did, maybe a couple of times but meh, I won't do it again. I might be sent to hell if I do that again."

It was now Elaine's turn to laugh at his statement, "Sigurado naman akong doon din ang punta mo. I wouldn't even doubt a single bit. Sa mukha mo palang na 'yan, halatang may hindi ka na ginagawang mabuti."

"I could go to hell, but I swear I am going to live this damn life doing what I want to do."

"And what's that?"

"Make you damn happy. I want to be the reason why you smile. But I think I commit a sin everytime you smile at me. It feels like it is a sin watching you smile." Jacob smiled at her. "I feel like it isn't for me - it isn't meant for me. I want to be selfish, Elaine, but I should not be because your smile isn't mine only to see because you are not mine yet."

Elaine blushed a little, heat on her cheeks only. Her heart increased its pace. Elaine doesn't want what she's feeling though she already felt it with Kael.

"I want you only mine, Elaine. You're mine to keep. You're mine to treasure. I don't want to mark you mine but you have my words etched inside your head: You are mine."

I am yours. I will be yours, Elaine said inside her head. Sa ilang linggo ba naman kasi nilang magkasama ay impusibleng hindi ma-develop ang nararamdaman niya para sa binata. Nag-iba kasi si Jacob nang sabihin nitong manliligaw ito sa kanya, noong una ay hindi siya pumayag pero ang sabi ng binata ay sa ayaw at sa gusto raw niya ay liligawan siya nito. Pagkatapos ay nangulit ito nang nangulit hanggang sa maging mas affectionate ito at sweet. Wala na siyang nagawa kundi ang pabayaan ito sa nais. Gusto rin naman niya eh, nagpapakipot lamang siya.

It was a sudden magic when Jacob started to be vocal on what he feels, her feelings with Kael suddenly flew out the window. It's a paradox - something that sounds impossible but is possible.