IV

IT was so damn hard for Elaine to ignore Jacob's glare, she was facing him and Kael, positioned in a very awkward situation—for her. Napakagat siya ng labi habang pasulyap-sulyap kay Jacob na diretso lamang ang tingin sa kanya. She'd tried so hard to avert her gaze from him for a long time but it seemed like they eyes had a magnet, he'd the north pole, and she had the other. Her breathing became uneven when Kael brushed his hand against her cheek but it stayed there. Looking back at Jacob, she saw him clench his jaw and balled his hands into fists making her heart pump more rapidly, hammering against her chest. Pakiramdam niya ay parang mauubusan siya ng lakas, hinihigop ng mga mata ni Jacob na mas lalong napupuno ng galit. Iniwas niya ang tingin niya kay Jacob at tsaka niya tinanggal ang kamay ni Kael mula sa kanyang pisngi.

   "Kael, bakit?" tanong niya. She looked at Kael but not directly into his eyes. She bit her lower lip as he lowered her head. She shouldn't have gone with Kael.

   Umiling ito, "Wala lang, kahit kasi ang simple mo, ang ganda mo pa rin. I don't know how you do it but when I am with you, I see nobody but you. I don't care about nobody when I see you flash your smile." She gasped in his words, her stomach knotted, she's flattered. Napasulyap muli siya kay Jacob at napansin niyang mas lalong nagtiim ang bagang nito, marahil ay narinig nito ang sinabi ni Kael sa kanya dahil hindi naman sila kalayuan mula kay Jacob. "I love it. I love—," napatigil sa pagsasalita si Kael, maging siya ay nagulat kahit naatingin siya kay Jacob. He punched the freaking table! Her jaw dropped as he looked at her, smirking but there was something in his smirk that made her clench between her legs. And that was the last time he looked at her before heading into the door. Parehas sila ni Kael na sinundan ng tingin si Jacob.

   "Isn't that Jacob?"

   "H—hindi si Jacob 'yon," aniya. Stammered from the thought Kael might tell his parents if she confirmed the man earlier was Jacob. She's so damn sure when her parents learnt that Jacob was seeing her. "Impusible," she gasped when her phone vibrated in her pocket. She fished her phone out of her pocket and she gape when she saw Jacob's name on screen.

   Jacob— Go outside. I don't want the thought of you with him. Meet me at the parking lot. Now.

   She looked at Kael, hesitant to say she had to go. She opened her mouth to say something but she closed it immediately. "Kael..." She spoke but interrupted when the waiter put their order on the table. Napamura na lamang siya sa kanyang isipan. Saying goodbye is hard for her because if she wants to leave, she'll just leave. And that's what she's about to do. Today is about her and Jacob. Kael is unplanned, and she's to do something to get him out. He'll just make everything worse.

   She stood up abruptly then ran away. She heard Kael call her name but she didn't want to look back—she didn't look back, instead she rang Jacob's number. It was just ringing. Inikot ni Elaine ang kanyang paningin sa parking space pero hindi niya makita si Jacob. Mabilis ang kanyang paghinga sa pinaghalong kaba at pagod. She didn't want Kael to catch her. She didn't want to prolong Jacob's anger. Just as she took her step, her phone rang and saw Jacob's name on screen. Her heart seemed to stop. Ang akala niya ay iniwan na siya ni Jacob.

   Jacob—At the back. Now. I don't want to wait any longer.

   She turned her back, and went to parking lot at the back of the restaurant, and there she saw Jacob with his arms crossed, his eyes at her direction as if he's expecting her. There's still his smirk written on his face and it made him look stunning. His eyes so dark and it made other emotions captive. It was pure anger... and something made her stop in her track and made her want to tug his head to kiss him. Her throat went dry as she felt electricity ran through her body when Jacob held her arm tightly making her gasp in surprise. She wanted to push him away, to get his grip off her, to run her fingers through his hair and grasp it. She wanted to feel his lips move against hers. He lowered his head, his lips against her ear, feeling his breath from his mouth against her neck, leaving moistures behind. She's turned on. Her throat made a carnal sound indicating that she wanted what Jacob was doing.