X

JACOB was there, blocking her way. He was smiling from ear to ear while enjoying pissing her off. He just laughed at her.

   "Sorry, hindi na. Hindi na kita aasarin." Anito ngunit pinipigilang tumawa. "I just find it weird that you know my name for few weeks yet I still don't know yours. May I know your name, miss?"

   Elaine smiled at him sarcastically, "Go away, Jacob."

   "Ouch, babe. Sige na kasi," pangungulit pa nito.

   "Gago! Hindi mo naman ako kukulitin ng ganito kung hindi mo ako kilala. Tsaka nasa team mo kaya si Kael, impusibleng hindi no'n sinabi pangalan ko."

   "Alright! You were right. Why would I bother asking your name if I already knew, right? Pero mas pormal kasi kung sa 'yo ko mismo malalaman." Ngumiti muli ito sa kanya ngunit mas sinsero na. Inirapan lamang niya ito.

   "Hindi kita type, sorry." ani Elaine sabay talikod kay Jacob. Naririnig pa rin niya ang halakhak nito at mga yabag ng paa. Napairap muli si Elaine sa hangin. "If you are here to annoy me, get lost."

   Natahimik si Jacob, sinusundan na lamang siya sa paglalakad. She was seeing him from her peripheral vision. He was pouting his lips, and he looked so damn cute doing that! His eyes were focused on the road, and his hands were inside his pockets. His hair, it was tied as usual but not all hair were tied. He looked like some sort of a rock star without tattoos and piercings. His complexion wasn't white. Moreno si Jacob. Matangkad, matangos ang ilong, medium built ang katawan at halata ang pagiging athlete nito sa binti't hita gayong naka-shorts ito.

   "Ano ba ang gusto mo sa isang lalaki?"

   Elaine immediately stopped from walking upon hearing his question. Was he serious asking that? And why would Jacob ask her that? She wasn't his type for sure and also he h mkad a girlfriend! The pretty girl he was with every time in their practice game. Elaine unconsciously shook her head. And when she realized she looked like a fool shaking her head, she said, "Wala akong type na lalaki."

   Elaine lied. Why Her type of man was some sort like Kael — a man that has clean cut hair, a man who always smile but serious and a little bit of playful. Kael is taller than Jacob which made Elaine like Kael more. Oh, damn! There! She admitted it. She liked Kael more than a friend. And she realized that while comparing him to Jacob.

   "Ano na? It's impossible for a girl not to set standards. Mayro'n at mayro'n 'yan. So what's your type? Or do you want me to make the question easier?" He paused for a while, waiting for Elaine's answer but she did not respond. Thus, she started to walk again. "Who's your type?"

   "Close ba tayo? Why would I answer your silly question? Wala akong type, okay? Mahirap ang course ko at mag-aaral muna ako bago ako pumasok sa relasyon. Ayokong mag-extend ng college. Sakit sa ulo lang 'yang relasyon na 'yan."