Bonfire Stories x

~~~MACKENZIEPOV~~~

I woke up sleepily to voices rushing around. I sat up when I realised that tomorrow is the big almighty fight. And tonight, we sleep at the meadow, well me and Renesmee sleep, everyone else doesn't.

I stood up groggily and made my way to the shower. After the shower, I dressed simply in leggings and a hoodie planning to spend the day relaxing. Apparently everyone else agreed with me because when I went downstairs it was just the Cullen family and Jake, and they were all watching a film. I sat on the floor leaning on Rose's legs and she started to play with my damp hair. At lunch everyone stood up and got ready to go hunting. I decided I might as well join them because I haven't had blood in a few weeks. We all went our separate ways but I stayed near Rose and Emmett and tried to learn from them. I caught a few deer and drained them feeling my body regain strength. When I was finished I looked myself over and cried out. Rose and Emmett came running looking worried.

"I really liked this hoodie! I really really did!" I complained looking down at my light blue Hollister hoodie.

Emmett started laughing and muttered something about me being exactly like Rose.

Rose came up to me and hugged me.

"Don't worry, we can wash it out and if not buy you a new one, its not a big deal... happens all the time when you first learn to hunt, you should have seen Bella's clothes... there was nothing left of them!" Rose comforted me.

I nodded and we wandered home silently worrying about tomorrow.

By the time we arrived back at the house, it was dusk and we had to get going. I ran upstairs to pack some belongings before we headed out to the clearing. I packed new clothes, make-up, a mirror and my Cullen necklace.

I got changed into some night clothes and picked up my bag before teleporting downstairs where Rose was waiting for me.

We ran to the clearing to find everyone gathered around a fire all except Bella, Edward and Renesmee.

Rose sat in the last space next to Emmett so I claimed his lap and settled down comfortably.

"Where did you find Mackenzie then Carlisle?" A Romanian asked curiously watching me.

"Well actually she found us..." Carlisle explained looking at me.

So I continued "I'm a traveller, I am looking for someone and I occasionally stay with a coven without them knowing, and I happened to be staying with the Cullen's when this crisis started and I offered to stay and help..." I explained simply.

"Who are you looking for?" Tanya asked.

"My creator... I want to show him what his stupidity has done, he has given me a cursed life... I am not human and I am not vampire, but I am not like Renesmee either... I was not born like this... I was born human, so I have human instincts... when you changed, you were given new instincts but I didn't... I have to work everything out for my self when it comes to the vampire side of me because I don't know anything about it... its a curse because I need to drink blood to survive but my instincts tell me that its wrong to do so... I cant win... and he needs to see what he caused." I explained while everyone looked at me gob smacked.

"How old were you when you were changed child?" a low voice asked.

"14," I explained "But travelling the world makes you pick up a few things..."

The vampires looked at me shocked before they started to talk about other things and I fell asleep building up my energy for tomorrow because I felt I was going to need it.

~~~***~~~

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up the next day to Rose shaking me. I sat up and realised I was in the tent and it was daylight. I got up and pulled my bag towards me. I got dressed into leather leggings and a black long sleeved top that said 'Me Sarcastic? Never!' on. I plaited my hair and added a red and white bandanna. I put my Cullen crest on full show and added a leather jacket.

I walked out and came face to chest with Emmett.

"Looking good sport!" he said grinning.

"What's the point of going to a fight, if your not dressed appropriately?" I asked him and he nodded in agreement.

We made our way to the clearing and lined up. I stood with Rose and Emmett in silence. Soon a layer of black could be seen walking towards us and final goodbyes were being said by our side.

I turned to Rose and Emmett and hugged them tightly.

"I love you, the last few days have been the best of my existence and I am happy I met you two, if we survive this, I want to join your family... if that's okay?" I declared.

I could hear Rose sobbing slightly and Emmett rubbing my back.

"Squirt, your like a daughter to us, we would love for you to join our family," Emmett said kneeling in front of me.

I threw my arms around his neck and soon Rose had joined in our hug.

I could feel tears falling down my cheeks as we stood up straight looking at the people who wanted to kill us.