Meeting Renesmee x

~~~GIRLSPOV~~~

The vampires stared at me. Some were sympathetic, others were suspicious.

"I promise I meant no harm." I told them again, looking each one in the eye.

"I know." Edward told me smiling slightly. When Edward said that the rest of the family relaxed as well. Bella and Renesmee walked over and sat down on one of the sofas followed by Jacob who was still in a defensive position.

"So how did you think you could help us?" Bella asked. I smiled at her.

"I spent time with the Volturi Coven, invisible of course, and the three in charge mainly Aro spoke a lot about the Cullen Clan. He spoke of how many gifts the family possess and what Bella would turn out like. He spoke with Caius about how powerful you are becoming, about your family being a threat. They spoke of finding a reason to remove members of the family and force others to join their family. I fear Irina has given him the excuse he needs to eliminate the next most powerful coven to protect their power. He wants some of you but he knows you wouldn't leave your family. He want to eliminate the Cullen's completely while adding to his collection, at the same time."

There was silence after I finished explaining until out roar began. Everyone was shouting at once about how bad the Volturi was and how they had no right. I sat there watching them shout at each other until I felt a presence next to me. I turned and saw Renesmee looking up at me.

"Hello," I smiled at her.

She raised her hand as if asking if it was alright to put her hand on my cheek. I nodded encouragingly. Her warm palm hit my slightly cooler skin.

'What's your name?' she asked silently.

"My names Mackenzie." I replied. I hadn't realised that the shouting had stopped because I was busy talking.

'Is the Volturi going to kill my family?' she asked again.

Should I lie? I wondered. I decided not too.

"I think they want too. But if we get enough witnesses together to stop the Volturi then I don't think they will kill your family. If they try, I will stop them."

'Can you join our family? I like you.' she told me. I smiled down at her laughing slightly at her trust in me when she's only just met me.

"I like you too Renesmee but I cant just join your family, its not my place but I'm going to stay until the Volturi have gone home," I told her truthfully.

"Of course you can join, you would however need to change your diet." Carlisle told me.

"Oh I don't kill humans." I told him. Everyone looked at me confused except Renesmee who was busy cuddling up to me and falling asleep.

"But your eyes have red in them! Don't lie!" Jacob exclaimed loudly.

"Chill wolfie! There is other ways to get human blood other that killing. I couldn't do what my creator done to me, to someone else. I steal blood bags from hospitals. I didn't know there was another way." I explained snappily.

Everyone stopped looking so confused once I explained.

"So why don't you join us? Renesmee loves you already," Bella asked.

"I wouldn't want to become a burden. There's a lot of you here already." I said shyly.

"You wouldn't be a burden dear, it would be a pleasure to have you live with us." Esme promised trying to convince me. Everyone started nodding.

I blushed and looked away getting shy now everyone wanted me to stay

"I'll stay to witness and decide then..." I stated.

Everyone agreed after some disagreements. They all wanted me to stay saying I couldn't be invisible for eternity and that I needed a good family to be a part off, but I didn't want to get in the way. I wasn't used to so much attention. I think Edward realised this after reading my mind and convinced the others to give up 'for now'. I found it strange how they would offer to let me in so quickly when they hardly know me. Renesmee must mean a lot to them if offering to help protect her is all that I needed to join the coven. Maybe it was the animal diet that made them more human and sympathetic. Or maybe they were just really nice.

I am now sitting with Renesmee who had fallen asleep. Bella had offered to move her but I promised her it was okay. Everyone else was talking about who was going to get what witnesses and I was sitting silently contemplating whether I should accept the offer or not. They seemed like such a nice family when I was watching them. The sort of family I always wanted Carlisle reminded me of a granddad with Esme as the Grandma, and Renesmee was like a sister to me already. But I wanted to find my creator as well. It was important to me. But if I agreed to live here I have more of a chance of bumping into him that if I travelled the world blindly on my own.

My mind started to go blank as I slowly fell asleep dreaming of becoming a Cullen.

~~~EDWARDSPOV~~~

I watched and listened as Mackenzie fell asleep. Carlisle caught me watching and silently asked what was happening.

"She was thinking about living here she thought that this is the sort of family she always wanted. But she wants to find her creator as well. Its important to her. She thinks staying with us gives her more of a chance of finding him. Then she fell asleep dreaming of becoming one of us, a Cullen."

"Do you know who her creator is?" Carlisle asked me.

"No I cant get a good look, she seems to be avoiding thinking about him."

"You want her to stay." He stated looking at me.

"She wants to help, plus she makes Renesmee happy as well as Esme. Bella's happy because Renesmee's happy which makes me happy. I think she would fit right in here with us. Emmett seems to like her, but I think that's more to do with her gift and how good it would be as a pranking tool but he likes her too. And Rose adores her..."

"I think its impossible not to like her. She is so intelligent and gifted, and the way she acts is so kind hearted but cheeky as well. I think she needs a family," Carlisle said kindly.

I nodded in agreement.