Christmas! x

~~~MACKENZIEPOV~~~

I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping with Rosalie for Christmas gifts and half the night wrapping them up. The other half I spent sleeping. I woke up early to someone jumping on me.

"Mackenzie! Wake up!" the voice said.

I smirked and rolled the speaker under me and started to tickle her.

"Merry Christmas Renesmee!" I laughed.

"Merry Christmas!" she grinned back "Mum and Dad said we are leaving soon and are giving presents there." she informed me.

I nodded and climbed out of bed. I got dressed into some white skinny jeans and a grey Aztec jumper. I put light make-up on, and pulled my long hair into a messy bun. I grabbed the presents and ran downstairs to the garage where Edward, Bella,Jacob and Renesmee were waiting. I kissed everyone in the house on the cheek wishing them a good Christmas and we set off.

"So what am I to you guys?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Umm your being introduced as Edwards cousin." Bella explained grinning but looking out the window at the heavy snow. A worried look in her eyes.

I placed my hand on her shoulder in comfort and she smiled slightly at me.

When we arrived at a small two storey house, Edward stopped the car. Renesmee jumped out the car followed closely by Bella and Jacob.

"Come on then Mackenzie..." Edward said and walked up to the front door. I followed closely behind and hid slightly behind him.

"Hello Charlie," Edward greeted a middle aged man in a police officers uniform.

"Morning Edward.." he then caught sight of me and Edward introduced me.

"Charlie this is my little cousin Mackenzie, she's spending Christmas with us from her adoptive parents."

I stepped forward and held my hand out. He took it in a firm grasp and shook it.

"I'm Charlie, Bella's Father." he greeted me.

"Nice to meet you sir," I said politely.

"Call me Charlie," He grinned at me and introduced me to Sue, Leah and Seth.

Then rest of the morning went quickly, we exchanged gifts, ate a lovely roast turkey cooked by Sue and played some games together. But I still found Bella looking out the window at the snow that was starting to stick.

The afternoon soon came and I found myself saying goodbye to Charlie and Sue and everyone else and climbing into Rosalie and Emmett's car and racing down the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked after a while.

"Out," Emmett smirked.

"Out where?" I challenged.

"Don't ruin the surprise Mackenzie," Rose chided and I grinned sheepishly at her through the mirror.

We drove for a while before we pulled into a parking lot along the main road of Seattle.

"So can I know what we are doing yet?" I asked but I didn't receive an answer.

I got out of the car and Rose and Emmett grabbed my hands and lead the way to a theatre. We walked in and I was told to sit. Not wanting to get lost, I did as I was told and sat down. Rose went off towards the ticket booth while Emmett went towards snack bar.

They both returned at the same time. Emmett holding a box of popcorn and a fizzy drink, and Rose holding tickets. I grinned widely.

"No way!" I exclaimed causing them to laugh "I have never been in a real theatre!"

It turns out we were watching the Christmas Pantomime, which happened to be Peter Pan and we had front row seats.

I loved every minute of it and thanked them both profusely when it ended.

Soon we were walking out of the theatre and onto the busy high street.

We soon came across a picnic bench near a band and a huge Christmas tree and took a seat.

"Present time!" Emmett cheered like and overgrown child causing many adults to look strangely at us.

We laughed before I pulled their present out.

I handed it over and they opened it to reveal two large canvas's.

One with a picture of me and them laughing on it. We weren't looking at the camera because we didn't know a photo was being taken but we looked happy and like a real family.

The other was a selfie I had taken after our first shopping trip. I was in the middle of Rose and Emmett and we were all pulling funny faces.

I had asked Edward to get them printed onto canvas for me yesterday.

I looked at Rose and Emmett who both looked like they were about to cry, if they could.

"They are beautiful!" Rose exclaimed leaning over to hug me.

I hugged back tightly. The hug was warm despite our cold temperatures and for the first time since I had been changed, I felt like I belonged.

~~~ROSALIESPOV~~~

When we opened Mackenzie's present to us I felt the need to cry. We looked exactly like a family in the photos and you could see how happy we all were. I felt Emmett squeeze my hand. Although he doesn't look like it, he has always wanted to be a father and I knew he felt like one to Mackenzie just as I felt like her mother.

"They are beautiful!" I exclaimed happily as I leant over and hugged her tightly, feeling like she belonged in my arms.

"Now for yours," Emmett told her and her face lit up brightly.

I handed her a small box with a ribbon on top and held my breath as she opened it.

Inside was a small necklace with the Cullen crest on. I saw her eyes water and jumped to sit next to her.

"You don't have to wear it, we just wanted you to know that we consider you a part of our family now and you are always welcome with us, anytime, always..." I explained and she looked up to me, her eyes brimming with tears but a huge smile on her face. She leapt on me and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you," she murmured before turning to Emmett who was now next to her as well.

She leapt on him and hugged him tightly and he smiled at me over her shoulder.

"Do you want me to put it on you squirt?" He asked her when they broke apart.

She nodded and handed him the necklace and turned her back to him. He clipped the necklace in place and it fitted her perfectly. She smiled down at it before yawning tiredly.

"I think its past someone's bed time," I said aloud and she nodded closing her eyes and resting her head on my shoulder.

I smiled before letting Emmett pick her up and carry her to the car. I grabbed the presents smiling fondly at them and we raced home.

We soon arrived and I picked Mackenzie up and carried her to mine and Emmett's room and placed her on the bed. Emmett followed after and we kissed her forehead before heading towards the door. Before the door shut we heard a soft sleepy whisper say "I love you,".

Me and Emmett smiled before walking down the stairs and getting ready for the fight in a few days.