Marco x Male!Reader

If you don't like gay, or yaoi. DON'T READ.

It's been weeks after the old man's death, along with Ace's. Marco finally broke down and cried. Thinking no one was awake, no one was on the deck and no one was outside of his room worried for the now captain. You frowned, putting your ear against the door. A few other behind you as you pulled away.

"Go to bed, I'll go check on him." You smiled, whispering the command as the now first division commander. The group left, leaving you in front of your captain's door. Alone. You took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

The crying immediately stopped before you heard the heavy steps of boots. Soon, the door flew open for you to see a sight that you never thought you'd see. A red, puffy eyed, wet faced, upset Marco. You frowned, looking up at him.

"Captain, do you need.. company?" You mumbled, as he stood still. His hand still shaking from the tears that he had to force back, you saw all these little things. The tears welling up, the redness on his knuckles and the blood dripping off his hand.

"I.." He managed only that, making you throw yourself at him. Crying softly into his bare chest. "I do." He gripped the sides on your shirt, feeling his knees start to buckle.

An hour later, he sighed as his head was laid on your stomach. The tears had finally stopped. He was huffing, his eyes bloodshot, puffy and still wet. Making your stomach wet, you two had shared stories since you entered the room. From when he first joined to you joining. Seeing Ace try to kill the old man to you laughing whenever he got pushed into the deck by the man.

Marco finally sat up, looking at you and showing you the smile you were dying for. He cupped your face, closing his eyes and sighing. "You're my little savior, aren't you?" He added his little signature 'yoi' at the end. Making you giggle and shake your head.

"Oh no, I don't consider myself a savoir, Captain. Just a good list-" You were cut off by a pair of lips on yours. You figured out once the cloud in your mind disappeared. Making you melt into the kiss, your hands going to his cheeks. He hummed against your lips, laying back down against you. His hands moving to your thighs, lifting them to his waist.

"Sorry, (y/n).." He mumbled a few centimeters away from your lips, you were puffing. Your face a bright red as he sighed and shook his head. "You should leave, goodnight." He got up, sitting back at his small desk and reading over different wanted posters.

You sat up in shock, nodding at the command from your captain. Your eyes wide as you stumbled out the room. You sat there, listened to the problem, laughed and smiled with him. He kisses you and then pushes you out of his room. You closed the door behind you as tears came down your face.

The next day, you stood beside him. Your eyes on your feet as he sat in the chair that was newly made for him. You shook from you holding in the tears, people laughing and dancing around the deck. The phoenix beside you smiled at the happiness, but stopped when he turned to you.

"(Y/n)?" He hummed, making you shake your head.

"I'm okay, Captain. Just sick." You nodded, walking off deck. "Sick of everything."

-To Be Continued-