Chapter 2: The Hand That Rocks the Mabel (Part 2)

--Time Skip to next day--

Y/N's POV:

Dipper and I were walking down the stairs and heard Mabel thinking out loud in the living room. "...I mean, he's so nice, but.. I can't keep doing this. But I can't break his heart. I have no way out!"

So far, Mabel had gone on two dates with Gideon. One at a restaurant and the other was ballroom dancing, which ended with fireworks on a boat. From what I could tell, Mabel wasn't at all happy with these dates. Gideon was pressuring her into them.

Dipper and I entered the living room.

"What in the heck happened on that date?" Dipper asked.

"I don't know! I was in the friend zone, and then before I knew what was happening, he pulled me into the romance zone. It was like quick sand! Chubby quicksand!" Mabel freaked.

"Mabel, everything's going to be fine. It's not like you're gonna have to marry Gideon," I reassured her.

Stan entered the room. "Great news, Mabel. You have to marry Gideon!"

"WHAT?!"

"It's all part of my long term deal with Buddy Gleeful. There's a lot of cash tied up in this thing."

Mabel started screaming, she threw her hands above her head and ran upstairs. Poor Mabel. Dipper and I chased after her. Dipper and I walked into the bedroom and saw Mabel with her head tucked in her sweater.

"Oh no. Mabel," Dipper murmured.

"Mabel's not here. She's in sweater town."

"Are you gonna come out of sweater town?"

Mabel shook her head.

This was so stupid, why couldn't Gideon just leave Mabel alone? "Alright, that's it. If you can't break up with Gideon, we'll do it for you."

"You will?"

Mabel's such a sweet girl. Of course I would do this for her. Plus, It gives me an excuse to spend some time with Dipper. Dipper and I nodded our heads in agreement.

Mabel hugged the both of us. For such a small girl, she had a good grip. "Oh, thank you thank you thank you!"

--Time Skip--

Dipper and I found ourselves at a luxurious restaurant called "The Club". We spotted Gideon across the room, waiting for Mabel. We walked over to him. Dipper cleared his throat.

"Oh. Dipper Pines, Y/N L/N, how are you both? You look good, you look good.

"Thanks, you uh... Look, Gideon. We've got to talk. Mabel won't be joining you tonight, she uh, she doesn't really want to see you anymore..." I started.

"She's uh. She's kinda weirded out by you, no offense," Dipper added.

Gideon's eye started twitching. "So what you're sayin' is... you've...come between us."

"Uh, you're not gonna... freak out or something... are you?" I asked nervously.

"Of course not. These things happen. Bygones, you know."

"So. Okay. Cool. Then, again, sorry man, but uh, hey, thumbs up. Huh?" Dipper gave Gideon a thumbs up. Dipper and I backed out of the restaurant.

Now that was awkward.

We found Mabel waiting for us outside the restaurant. "How'd it go? Was he mad? Did he try to read your mind with his psychic powers?"

"Don't worry, Mabel, he's just a kid. He doesn't have any powers," Dipper reassured.