Chapter 2: The Hand That Rocks the Mabel (Part 1)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The entire crowd stood up, including me and Y/N. I didn't want to stand up, but I did anyways... Y/N looked just as confused as I felt.

"Wha—?"

"How did he—?"

"Keep it going!" Gideon went around the tent and made obvious "predictions" about the people inside.

Gideon walked up and started singing to Mabel, "I'll read your mind if I'm able. Something tells me you're named Mabel!"

"How'd he do that?" Mabel wondered.

I wasn't impressed at all. It said "MABEL" right on her shirt. How is everyone is this town so gullible?

"So welcome all ye... to the Tent of Telepathy And thanks for visiting... widdle ol' me!" Gideon finished.

The crowd cheered and exited.

"Man, that kid's an even bigger fraud than Stan!" I exclaimed.

"No wonder Stan's jealous!" Y/N added.

"Oh, come on. His dance moves were adorable! And did you see his hair? It was like, whoosh!" Mabel defended.

"You're too easily impressed," I retorted.

"Yeah, yeah."

Mabel, Y/N and I went back to The Mystery Shack talking and laughing.

-- Time Skip (Next Day)--

Y/N and I were drinking some pit cola when Mabel ran into the room. Her face was covered in blue, green and pink sparkles. "Check it out, guys! I successfully bezazzled my face! Blink!"

"Is that permanent?" Y/N asked.

"I'm unappreciated in my time..."

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Mabel brushed the bezazzles off her face and ran to the door.

Whoever was at the door was very short because I couldn't see them over Mabel. But, whoever it was, Mabel seemed to be having a good conversation with them. I wondered who she was talking to.

Y/N took the last sip of her pit cola. She stood up. "Well, I'll talk to you later, I guess."

"What? Where are you going?" I asked.

"Oh. I told Stan I'd work at The Mystery Shack today," she answered. "So, see ya." Y/N left.

"Yeah, see ya." I looked back at Mabel  to see that she was gone. Who'd she leave with?

--Time Skip to later that day--

Mabel and I were playing video games together. Y/N was still working, which sucked because I was kind of looking forward to hanging out with her.

Also, I found out who Mabel left with... Gideon. Apparently he asked Mabel on a date.

"It's not a date-date, it's just, you know, I didn't want to hurt his feelings and so I figured I'd throw him a bone," Mabel explained.

"Mabel, guys don't work that way. He's gonna fall in love with you."

"Yeah, right. I'm not that lovable." Mabel shot me in the game we were playing. "Kaboom! Yes!"

"Okay, we agree on something here."

The doorbell rang and Mabel went to go get it. When she opened the door, a horse busted through the entrance.

Mabel screamed, "AHHHHH!"

Gideon sat on top of the horse. "A night of enchantment awaits, m'lady!"

"Oh boy," Mabel muttered.

Yeesh. Mabel was in for a long night. I put down my video game controller and headed into The Mystery Shack gift shop. Y/N was standing behind the counter and Soos was reading a magazine. I went and sat down on a barrel beside the checkout counter.

Grunkle Stan walked into the room in his PJ's, reading a newspaper article about Mabel and Gideon. "Hey, hey! What the jackal is Mabel doing in the paper next to that crazy pickpocket Gideon?"

"You haven't heard about their big date tonight? Everyone in town is talking about it," Y/N explained.

"WHAT?! That little shyster is dating my great niece!?"

"I wonder what the new name will be for the power couple. Mabideon? Gideabel? Magidbeleon!" Soos guessed.

Grunkle Stan crumpled the newspaper and stormed out of the room.

"I didn't know! I didn't hear about it and plus, I told her not to!" I responded.

Grunkle Stan entered the room again, now wearing his suit. He angrily walked towards the door. "Yeah, well it ends tonight. I'm going right down to that little skunk's house; this is gonna stop RIGHT now!" He slammed the door.

Mabel's POV:

I can't believe I agreed to go on this date with Gideon. The bubbly water was cool, but everything else is just super awkward...

"..And so I said Autograph your own head shot lady," Gideon laughed.

"Hehe... yeah."

"Mabel, tonight's date was a complete success. And tomorrow's date promises to top this one in every way!" Gideon exclaimed.

Another date? I didn't agree to that! "Whoa, whoa, you said just one date and this was it."

Out of nowhere, a giant bird flew down on Gideon's shoulder. "MABEL! WILL YOU- ACCOMPANY- GIDEON- TO- THE BALLROOM DANCE- THIS- THURBDAY?" The bird asked choppily.

All around the restaurant, people started saying things like , oh, so adorable and Gideon's got a girlfriend.

"They're expectin' us. Please say you'll go," Gideon persuaded.

"Oh, Gideon, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to say-"

A group of people crowded around us, all of them talking about how they wanted me to say yes. So much pressure...

>> >>

Well, that's enough for now, I'll update soon. I really hope you liked it :) ALSO, A Summer in Gravity Falls reached 50 reads! That may not seem like a lot but it means a lot to me, so thank you to my fantastical readers.