45: "Everything I Didn't Say"

[Tina's POV]

Soup hadn't been this hard to swallow.

Luke sat right across me, his arms folded as he sunk his chin onto it, his smile wide while he eyed me sipping from my spoon. I fought the urge to flick the spoon and send a volley of hot liquid onto his face, and set my focus on the bowl of cream mushroom instead.

I reached for a glass of water, but instead, Luke beat me to it and handed it to me with caution. He flashes another mouth-to-ear smile and pushed the tablet of Advil towards my plate. I reach for it awkwardly and popped it in my mouth, gulping the water down afterwards. I fed myself another scoop of soup, Luke's sapphire blue eyes not ever leaving me.

I finally had it and dropped my spoon with a loud thunk. "Quit it."

"Quit what?" he raised an eyebrow, propping an elbow on the table and supported his chin by his palm. I scowled at him and puffed out an exasperated breath, crossing my arms over my chest while doing so. He remains unfazed by my annoyance. The bastard's smile even grew wider.

"Stop staring at me. What's wrong with you?" I hissed.

The pale blond boy kept smirking at me. He stood from his seat, then move to the one next to mine. He inched himself and the chair closer, propping back one elbow and leaned his head on his knuckle. "Nothing's wrong." he said 'nothing' as if it was the greatest thing.

I rolled my eyes and fixed my eyes back on the ceramic bowl, stirring the metal spoon on the white viscid liquid. I pursed my lips then threw my gaze back at Luke, continuing to stare at me as if I was going to pop out of existence.

He opened his mouth to talk, yet signs of doubt flashes through his face. Like he was carefully choosing his words. "You know we'll be together for like more than an hour, right?"

"Sadly, yes." he frowns at my response, yet he continued on his statement.

"So I'd like to take the advantage of talking with you, with no one to kill me around here, and I hope you take it seriously."

His words shocked me. Not the good kind of shocked, but in an irked one. I let out a non-humorous laugh and backed a few centimeters away from him, trying to make sure I wasn't hearing things. "Well sorry, Luke, how could I ever treat you seriously after all's that been done?"

He was speechless for a while. My question surely hit him, the anxiousness etching more visibly on his face. He glances up to me, but the confidence and glee within it a while ago was already vanished, replaced by fear and worry.

"That's one of the first things I'd like to talk about." he said, "I am sorry."

I scoffed and creased my eyebrows together. "Do you think an apology will make me forget about all those stupid büllshit you've had me through?"

And again, the question hit him bad, any trace of a smile on his lips were now crushed. His frown kept intact, slowly drumming his fingers onto the wooden table.

"I really am sorry."

"Could've fooled me." I shook my head and let out a pained chuckle, picking up the spoon and bore my eyes to it. "Oh wait, you already did."

I jump from my seat in surprise as he pounded his fist loudly. I glared at him, seeing his features twisted into anger as well. Well not anger, his looks tell me he's somewhat frustrated. His fist was still clenched, his expression hard and his teeth gritted. I try to muster up annoyance too and sneered at him.

"I'm tired of all these, okay? I hate Kirby. I hate myself. I hate you. I hate my pride. I hate Dawn. I hate my friends. God, I hate everything! And these all hates me too. Everyone hates me now. It's all my fault, and I hate myself for that too." he rambled on.