22: "The Arrival of Prince Charming"

[Tina's POV]

It's already morning. I couldn't sleep because of the headache and the fact that Luke was here last night. I couldn't remember what happened before we got here, he just said he puked on me.

Jake's been bugging me about the reason why I'm friends with Luke. Since Jake is one of the most annoying shit brother ever, I told him everything. Even the part I confessed to Luke. He just laughed at me upon knowing Luke rejected me. Greatest brother ever.

"Are you sure you wouldn't go to school today?" mom asked me. I played with my spoon and looked up at her.

"No mom. My head hurts." I responded, my eyes trying to not close.

"Yeah, and she can't face Luke because she puked on him. Do you know mom she actually likes-"

"JAKE!" I cut him off and stuffed a spoonful of cereal to shut him up.

"You puked on Luke? How awfully rude, I'll call the Hemmings for condolences." dad said and stood up to reach the kitchen phone.

Really? Condolences? Luke didn't die, my vomit isn't acid to penetrate through him.

"Dad don't be overreacting. Luke didn't die from my barf." I rolled my eyes at him. But he continued on dialing the Hemmings' phone number.

"Liz? Oh hello! Is Luke okay? I'm sorry my daughter puked on him. You didn't know? I'm sorry again, just send his shirt and I'll make Tina wash it. No it's not a bother, don't worry. Say hi to Ben and Andrew. Okay goodbye." he kept blabbering on the phone.

I ignored my dad and nudged Jake by my elbow. "Don't you dare tell mom I had a crush on Luke. Past is past, okay? Nothing to discuss."

"I know you still have a crush on Lukey. If only you could see yourself last night when he left." he retorted with an evil grin.

"I hate you." I whispered and stepped on his foot.

"I hate you too. And Luke doesn't like you." he teases and stepped back on my foot.

"Kids, not on the dining table." my mom scolded us. We both nod and made a face.

"Tina, Luke will drop by to send his shirt. You should wash it, and then get prepared because you'll tag along with him to school." dad said as he sat back on his chair.

"But dad I don't want to go to-"

"No buts! Just hurry up," he interrupted me. I sighed deeply and stirred the spoon around my bowl.

After eating, I did what dad said and went to my room to prepare myself. I took a simple bath, just to rinse off the alcohol smell from last night. And of course, I needed to brush my teeth in order to remove the lingering Red Bull on my mouth. I blow-dry my hair and took out the hanger with an already prepared outfit.