二十一

the music had begun it's tune when yoongi took both of ara's hand and placed them on his shoulders, placing his own two hands on her waist. ara blushed at their contact and how close their faces were.

she was exhilarated.

"you're hoping you can kiss me like this, aren't you?" yoongi stifled a laugh.

"alright. you got me."

the sound of their laughter echoed after the music as their feet moved to the beat. slowly, ara started getting the hang of it as she laid her head on yoongi's chest. it was peaceful and quiet, leaving her to her own thoughts.

"ara, i love you."

her body stiffened under his sentence, gaze locked at anywhere but him. it had been the first time he told her such thing. three words which held so much weight of his feelings, his unsaid emotions and thought.

"i..."

it had been two months since the start of their clandestine affair. were they going too fast? did he say the words too soon? ara's mind fled through words to reply.

why couldn't she say the same?

without a second was wasted when her phone had rung and ara sighed in relief. taking the call, her breath shortened in anxiety. she could feel the sweat collecting on her palms, occasionally rubbing them on her jeans.

"hey ara, i was wondering if you could... hang out tomorrow?"

yoongi's eyebrows furrowed in curiosity, asking her who it was through hand signals while ara could only look away at that instant.

she didn't want to feel guilt, the heavy burden in her heart that kept her awake on nights. the numerous, countless times of sore throats over crying at how wrong she felt.

ara closed her eyes shut, shutting out voices of disapproval and disgust all coming back at once.

"sure hyojin, it's a date."