yoongi i need your help
sent 1:14am

what happened?
sent 1:14am

what does jimin like?
sent 1:15am

chocolates, surprises, music
sent 1:16am

huh that's easier than expected
sent 1:17am

is it about tomorrow's date?
sent 1:17am

how did you
sent 1:17am

jimin didn't tell you? it's a double date
sent 1:17am

•••

ara could feel her heartbeat palpitating wildly.

she had never been so nervous in her life before. albeit her many curses towards that orange haired boy for inviting the other couple along, she was more worried at the fact that she'll be dating another guy in front of the boy she liked.

what if something goes wrong? she cursed again, fingers gripping tightly into the small box of chocolates she planned on giving jimin.

"ara!" her heard turned without a second of hesitation when she heard her name. hyojin was flailing her arms enthusiastically at the now grinning brunette. "hello."

her eyes then shifted to the now sauntering boys who were tailing behind the blonde beauty. jimin looked much happier than she had expected while yoongi; was that a frown he held?

"thanks to this idiot over here, the great surprise was ruined." the rest could only laugh to jimin's attempt of a joke while ara could only press her lips into a thin line once again.

didn't he promised to make her forget about him? then why was he still inviting the couple for this double date? her mind couldn't comprehend what jimin was trying to achieve but could only relent to it either way and tried to avoid yoongi as much as possible.

the night was young. the couples had went for dinner and decided to go for the amusement park that was conveniently just two junctions away. somehow, hyojin had ended up with ara most of the times, giving the boys something to tease about saying that it was their date instead.

"so shall it be a date for ara and i, and the two of you; jimin and suga?" hyojin carried the tease further while yoongi and jimin only looked at each other with horrified expressions.

"um, no thanks." jimin cringed, causing the three to pipe up laughing.

later, ara had also learnt that hyojin and yoongi started off as childhood best friends; the typical kind of couple. somehow however, ara could make out the subtle sad smile hyojin had carried whenever they talked about the two of them, thus ara decided to stop it there.

it had come to the final stop for the night: the ferris wheel. the typical ride for lovers on their first date and unsurprisingly, ara was a wreck in her head. how was she supposed to act? can she give jimin the chocolates then?

god, she was such a sucker for first dates.

"ah! i need to go to the toilet; it's urgent," jimin piped out at the very last minute while ara stifled a laugh at the hopeless boy.

"alright, i'll queue for you then. go, shoo."

now it was left with the two of them. hyojin had previously went to the toilet as well and hadn't returned. maybe she was distracted on the way, ara thought. however, her fingers only started to fiddle nervously as she gulped to this awkwardness. "so..." yoongi trailed off.

"how's jimin?"

ara was taken aback by his question. she had no plans on revealing about her plan on getting over the boy with mint hair. however, the words she intended didn't go as what she wanted.

"he's... nice."

"ah... i see." yoongi didn't go any further, allowing the thick atmosphere of awkwardness to envelope the both of them. but the sudden voice of the man at the start of the queue startled them, pushing them together into a cabin.

"excuse me we're not together-" before yoongi could make a rebuttal at the man's actions, the ride had picked up its pace once again. "ya- ya!"

ara only slumped in defeat, even more flustered at the fact they were trapped together for the next twenty minutes. there went her plan on forgetting about him; on thinking she could even get over the blushes she would easily get just by looking at him.

they were quiet for the first ten minutes, before ara decided to take things into her own hands. "how's things with hyojin?" the boy seemed taken aback by this question but grinned immediately knowing of the endless things he could talk about his girlfriend.

they talked decent and ara heaved a sigh of relief internally. things were doing great; she was already accepting the fact that she was never going to be with the boy in front of her at that instant, and that he was never going to be hers.

with the last five ara knew they were going to be good friends. they had countless of things to talk on and chat about while ara smiled. maybe jimin and her could work after all. she was too absorbed in her own thoughts that she didn't realize yoongi had stopped talking and was now staring at her.

"yoongi...?" ara trailed off this time, her heart started picking up the pace she didn't intend to pick up. was it her, or was the proximity of their lips just inches apart?

within seconds, the gap was closed up. her eyes were still wide opened at the now hunched boy with his lips pressed against hers. at this, she could only sit stunned.

the jerk and the creaking sound of the steel-framed door got them snapped into their senses once again and yoongi pulled back almost too fast, shocked at what he had just done. as the door was pushed open, the girl didn't need any reminder to run.

all she knew was to get away from him; to get away from the absurdity of the incident which had just unfold. as she panted hard, tears already started collecting at the corner of her eyes while one drop was followed by another. 

min yoongi, what have you done?

•••

about today. it was a mistake
sent 2:17am

i am so sorry please forget about what happened
sent 2:17am

get the fuck away from me, min yoongi
sent 2:20am

2nd | mygजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें