Chapter 22

[Ariel's POV]

I thought to myself, today's going to be one hell of a ride. I'm going to see old friends, old teachers, my old school. I'm going to have to get through the day without kissing Jakob, expressing my feelings, saying I love you. I have to act natural, as if we're best friends again. Which I guess we sort of are. I turned on my beside table lamp, and stood up to go turn on the main light. Chris said that we'd have to leave around 8am, and it was 7am when I woke up so I had an hour to get ready and thankfully I had a shower last night.

"Chris" I said as I couldn't find my uniform that I remembered leaving right next to my door on a hanger. I heard footsteps walking over towards my room. "Yes" I heard Chris said as he slowly opened the door. "Where's my uniform ?" I asked him whilst I still tried to look. "oh this ? I ironed it for you since it had many wrinkles." he said as he handed me the uniform. "Thanks" I said as he left the room and closed the door for me to get ready.

I put on my uniform and headed downstairs to where I got greeted by Chris' parents. They asked if I was hungry and I politely said no. Chris and I then had to go so I ran back upstairs, grabbed my bag and then we left for school. On our way to school, we ran into Ethan and Titania who seemed to be getting more intimate with each other. I pulled Chris away so that we were behind them. "since when ?!" I said anxiously. Why didn't Titania or Ethan tell me ? and does Ethan still think I cheated on Jake ? "Ever since you left they've been like that. I've been trying to keep my distance but I cant. I think I still have feelings for her." Chris explained. "well Ethan shouldn't be dating your ex or be flirting with her. that's wrong !" I whisper shouted.

Once we arrived to school we had to head straight to first period and I realised as I was walking to my Sport class that I'm in Jakob's one. Great. I ran to class as I didn't want to be so late. "Ariel !" I heard a deep scratchy voice say. It sounded as if that person was ill. I slowly lifted my head up as I entered the class and saw Jakob waving over at me, signalling me to go sit over with him. I walked over to his table.

"We're still in the same sport class ?!" I shockingly spoke as I pulled out my chair. "We're going outside now guys, just go kick some balls around, I didn't plan anything today, sorry" the teacher said cutting off Jakob. "Haha yeah I guess ! This is so cool we can get to sorta be best friends again" he said happily. "Hahah yeah that'd be cool" I muttered. We both stood up and followed the rest of the class staying right behind everyone. We all walked over to the oval and I sat down on the seat while everyone had begun to play around.

"America changed you huh" Jakob said whilst he threw a soccer ball over at me. I quickly caught it and laughed at him. "I'm still the same old person Jake" I said as I stood up to punch his shoulder. "Then show me the stuff I taught you before you left" he insisted. "Fine then" I said with much pride, knowing I'll mess up. I grabbed the ball and tried to juggle with me feet, although I could only get it around twice. "Ha ! Used to be able to do it more. It has changed you ! I spent time to teach you and you just forget ?" He sarcastically whimpered. "Ha-ha very funny" I said back with a sarcastic tone.

He grabbed the ball off my hands and started to juggle with it. "Fail, Fail, FAIL!" I yelled over and over again. "Shut up!" He giggled as he stopped. "You're so annoying" he continued to speak. "Bet you missed that though" I laughed. "Sure keep telling yourself that hahaha" he giggled to himself.

•••

[Authors Note]

Hey guys c: longer chapter 👏🏼 hope y'all enjoying it as I'll be updating this fanfic a whole lot more now ! Anyways, that's it for now 🙃 next update will be sometime this month as well.