Chapter 7 - rumours

[Author's Note]
Quick Author note , so I had to post this chapter today because tomorrow (Christmas) i'm going to be busy so yeah , enjoy !

[Ariel's POV]
"Jakob..." I say as I gasp for air. He looks me in the eyes. His beautiful brown eyes made my heart melt. "I like you too. Well I like you a lot. And it makes me so happy knowing that you and I both have feelings for each other, but hear me out. I don't want us to ruin our friendship. You're always the first person I'd go to for things and if we date and then Break up, what if we can't have that anymore ?" I said as I look down. I felt a tight squeeze. He hugged me. He told me that he agrees and that we should just move on like it wasn't a big deal. I agreed. We both were really happy that our crush liked us back. It was such an amazing feeling.

After a couple hours, it became night and I headed off to sleep as the weekend was finally over and school had begun the next day.

*Next School Day*

I arrived at school around 8am , half an hour until first period started. I walked to my locker to grab out my books for that day and to also put my lunch in. As I closed my locker Titania was running towards me. "ARIEL ! ARIEL COME HERE RIGHT NOW". I walked over to her with an apple I took out of my bag, and we met in the middle. She told me how there were rumours going around that Jakob and I were dating. I dropped my apple and yelled. "WHAT?!". Titania told me to be a little more quite with it.

A couple minutes later Jakob arrived at school and I ran to him asking if he knew anything about it. He shook his head and giggled. "Why are you laughing?" I asked. He replied, "because, we both like each other and people are saying that we're dating. They're basically stating what we both want to happen but are just too scared to" I let out a soft laugh. He was right.

A couple more minutes passed and it was first period. Jakob and I were in the same class since we both had PE first. The day flew by really quick. Next thing I knew it was already time to leave and go home. I went home before anyone of my friends did , they all stayed back doing random things. Titania, Chris and Ethan were just playing truth or dare again and Jakob was practicing Football

[Jakob's POV]
I walked home after I finished practicing some football tricks. Once I got to my street I realised that there were new people moving in. They were directly across the road from my house. I quickly ran into my house , got changed , put my bag down and then went to go greet the new people into the neighbourhood.

I was talking to the man who moved in and he asked for my age. "I'm fifteen" I said as I shook his hand. He then asked if I was single or taken. I replied with "it's complicated". He laughed. "I have a daughter named Brooke Anderson , you might like her. She's 14 and a half. I'll get her for you. Brooke ! Brooke , come here." He said. His daughter walked towards us. She was probably the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

She had light brown hair, it was naturally straight. Her eyes were blue with a touch of green and brown, just like her fathers. She was a thin girl and she was up to my nose. She smiled when she saw me and I instantly smiled back. Her teeth were as white as pearls.

"Hey I'm Brooke" she said as she reached her arm out waiting for me to shake it. "Oh uhm" I cleared my throat. "I'm Jakob. Jakob Delgado. What school are you going to ?" I asked. "Rosehill Performing Arts High. I like to sing. And yourself ?" She asked politely. I replied. "Oh cool we're going to the same school! I actually sing myself , and I play football. I'm in a band called In Stereo" her eyes widened. "Oh I've heard of that band before , really cool to actually meet one of you guys in person! Do you all go to the same school ?" She asked. " yes in fact we do. Oh and I live right in front of your house so tomorrow would you like to walk to school together ? I'll show you around and stuff". She smiled and nodded.

She told me about how her mother passed away last year due to skin cancer. "I only got to know her until I was five" she said with some tears coming out of her eyes. I felt bad for her so I gave her a hug. She then said she had to go. I asked her for her number and she gave it to me. I gave her my number back and we went out separate ways.