Chapter 20

[Ariel's POV]

I woke up the next morning and looked over to my right feeling a bit woozy. "Chris" I whispered. "Yes" he replied with a sleepy tone. "Thank you" I mouthed. He's been there for me, and so has his whole family. I'm glad he's my cousin, I'm glad that I have him. He just smiled and gave me a uncomfortable hug after he figured out what I mouthed to him.

After hours flew by, the nurse came over telling me that someone had wanted to see me. She left the room, and so did Chris and that's when I heard the knock on the door. "Come in" I said whilst I tried to drink my water. I rubbed both eyes, then opened it back up to see Jakob sitting next to me on the seat Chris was once in. "A-Ariel, are you okay ?" Jakob asked. I could feel the worry in his voice. I nodded my head. He came and hugged me and I held him back. He soon pushed me away gently, before placing his lips on my temple. "I'm so glad you are. I've been worried sick. So has Titania and Ethan" he spoke as he held my hand.

"Jakob I miss us." I interrupted him. "Wh-what ?" He said unsure. "I genially miss us being together. I mean I love being your friend and all, but we were best friends, and then lovers and look at us now. We don't even know what to call each other. I love you, and I can't stand just being your friend. I want a relationship with you. And if not, then i honestly don't want you in my life" my voice cracked from a low tone to a high one every now and then. "Can I think about it ?" He asked me as he looked down. "Okay" I said.

I wanted to tell him that I wanted the answer now. But I couldn't. I didn't want to rush him. I know he still has some sort of feelings for me. He has to. I just miss his hugs, kisses, smile, voice, everything.

[Ethan's POV]

It was all a blur when we were at the pizza place. Everyone was doing fine until Ariel fainted. Everything that day went on so quick. One minute we're at school, the next pizza place, then after that we're at home (or in a hospital) hoping Ariel's okay.

None of us really knew that she had asthma. She never used her puffer around us, nor mention she had asthma. She loved sport and it didn't seem like she had ran out of breath easily.

When Chris went to the hospital with Ariel, Jakob, Titania and I all sat back down at the pizza store in silence. We sat there for a solid 45 minutes without making a sound. But Jakob soon had tears.

I remember looking over at Titania and seeing her confused. "Jakob , you okay ?" I said as I patted his back. He just nodded and wiped the tears away. Titania and I both gave each other this look , kind of signalling each other that he still had feelings for Ariel. Well, what seemed like he had.

•••

[Authors Note]

Hey guys ! Very short chapter :/ I'm really sorry it's just school work and everything is so hard because I've barely been getting time to do these updates and write new chapters, but I'm hoping to get to publish more really soon :) // also I'm thinking of ending the FanFiction soon when it hits around 30+ chapters , so we're more than halfway until the end ! 🤔