Moving Forward

*ALEKS P.O.V.*

                I sighed and fell back onto my bed. Eddie and I had just gotten home from the creature house. I had finally convinced him to come out of his room and be social again. We had joined in on a broadcast of creature talk and now Eddie was recording his own update video. He had shaved, showered and even gotten his hair cut nice and short again. He still had bags under his eyes, unfortunately.  He still wouldn’t tell me what was truly wrong, though. He keeps trying to convince me its home sickness but I know better. He had never liked Allentown that much anyway, so why would he be so upset over not being there anymore?

                I had talked to James while at the creature house and he suggested that maybe he missed not the town but somebody who was in the town. A close friend or something. I like the idea of it being him missing someone but whom? Sam? I didn’t think so. Not after us finding out about her involvement with Steven…

                “Holy shit,” I said, slapping myself mentally. Why didn’t I think of this before?! “It’s Olivia. He misses Olivia.” I said.

                My phone vibrating surprised me and I pulled it out, seeing it was Tiffany. I sighed and hit answer.

                “Hello?” I answered.

                “Hey babe!” she said excitedly.

                “Hey, Tiff.” I said unenthusiastically.

                “So, I’m packing and I was just wondering…”

                “Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that.” I said, my voice shaking slightly.

                “Yeah? What’s up?” she asked.

                “Well… I think it’s probably better if… if you don’t move up here.” I said, slowly. I had been thinking a lot lately about her moving up with me and knew it wasn’t right.

                “What do you mean? Why not?” she asked clearly confused.

                “I just… I think we need to break up. We moved quickly in our relationship, probably a little too quick. And I don’t think it would be a good idea for you to live up here.” I said, swallowing hard. How would she take this? There was silence for a while before she cleared her throat.

                “Well… okay. Um, yeah… okay.” Was all she said and then she hung up the phone. I sighed and shrugged. She’ll get over it. Now I had to get to the bottom of Eddie’s issue with Olivia.

                I scrolled through my phone contacts until I found Olivia. My finger hovered over the call button; suddenly nervous. I hadn’t talked or tried to contact her in almost 4 months now. Would she even answer? Would she want to talk to me? Should I text her first? Would Eddie be upset with me for trying to contact her? I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. I had to do this. For Eddie.

*OLIVIA P.O.V.*

                I was sitting at my sketch table with my teammate, Josh. He and I were working on a sketch for the character Windrunner for Valve’s new game, Dota 2.

                “She a child of the wind, Liv, not child of the vines.” Josh said, criticizing my 4th sketch.

                “But she’s from the western forest, Josh, so she’s got to be earthy. Vines are forest-y and earthy, are they not?” I asked, a little sarcasm dripping in my voice. I was getting irritated because it was taking us so long to come up with something for her. He sighed and stood up abruptly.