Dear Hazel: Sneak Peek

Sneak peak of the prologue for 'Dear Hazel':

Should I read it?

Keeping my eyes glued to the white notebook, I run my fingers along the hard surface that is the cover.

"Who do you belong to, huh, Notey?" I whisper out, wondering where it came from and why it's next to my diary.

And yes, I just named the silly thing. Why? Because I can, and plus, I'm kind of strange like that.

Wrapping my hand around Notey's frame, my fingers curl under the ridge, lifting it into my hands.

I feel sort of conflicted in this enigmatic situation. Do I read this unfamiliar notebook? Or do I leave it where I found it and take my own?

Damn, such hard life decisions.

Well I mean, what harm could possibly come by reading a couple pages? For all I know, it's just a school book. It doesn't exactly scream 'diary'.

Deciding on a final decision to take a small peak, I open the book, making sure to look behind me first. We don't want the owner to see me snooping.

Two words appear to be the only work of ink on the first page - well, technically more than two. Two words that cause me to take a step back.

Dear Hazel (oh, Hazel Bradley by the way)

A small laugh escapes me before I can hesitate, but then I just stare at the page in confusion.

"Someone wrote me a book?" I wonder aloud, trying to figure out who would. But then something hits me.

Did they read my diary? This isn't creepy at all. Nope, gosh, why would anyone think it was?

Giving into the temptation, I flip to the first page with writing (and weird apple doodles), and begin to read.

* * *

If you want to read the full prologue then well, IT'S POSTED WHOOP WHOOP! Just go on my profile page and click my new story 'Dear Hazel' and REAAAD :) Yay!

Or here's the link on an inline comment >

BUT GUYS, I'M SO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL, AND EXCITED ABOUT THE SEQUEL! THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME GET TO WHERE I AM <3

Anyway, what are you still doing reading this? Go, go, GO read the sequel! :3 

- Chloe xx

P.S. Remember not to delete! There are still more updates to come, my lovely readers :) Oh it might be a double update tomorrow as well :)