☆ Hazel's Diary Entry #19 ☆

Dedication: CrazeeDayz, thank you for your reads, votes, and comments :) they mean a lot xx

Date: 13/03/16, Sunday

Time: 11:30pm

Dear Mister Diary,

BAM! I KEPT MY PROMISE! IN YOUR FACE, DIARY!

Alright, sorry, I'm calm now.

I don't have all that much to write about really, the only thing that happened today was that I had a lazy day at home, eating junk food, and watching TV.

But then tonight, Uncle Willow the Pillow came over to have one of our slumber parties together.

Shh, he hates when I call them that because he feels 'emasculated' apparently.

Because he still thinks that his name doesn't do that for him already.

Riiight.

The slumber party we had tonight was great. We watched heaps of movies (Uncle Willow may have almost peed his pants while watching Insidious 2).

Oh and we also played charades like children. It all ended up being super fun though.

My uncle didn't even seem the least bit bothered by being surrounded by teenage girls, I think he's just happy we had fun. Because living with my dad kind of sucks the fun out of most things, so when Uncle comes over, he always makes sure to try keep us (Ivy and I) distracted.

So he's pretty much the best uncle I can ever ask for, and I'm so grateful for him.

For example, earlier tonight, I was having a weak moment, and Uncle Will knew exactly what to say or do.

"Hazel, what are you doing out here?" Uncle asked from the front door, behind me, as I sat slumped on the porch steps.

I heard him close the door, and his feet patter across the wood. When he placed himself beside me, I quickly buried my face in my hands, not wanting him to see the tears rolling down my face.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong, Niece?" Uncle asked softly, pulling me into a strong hug.

As soon as he started making those damn 'Shh' noises, I broke down and cried into his chest. Big, fat, ugly sobs.

He couldn't blame me if I ruined his shirt, because really, it was his fault for wanting to comfort me.

Seriously.

"I'm sorry," I said with a hiccup as I pulled away, calming down slightly, "I didn't mean to cry like a baby and ruin the night."

I wiped my tears away with the sleeves of my jersey, before smiling at the worry in Uncle Will's hazel eyes.

"Is it your dad?" He asked, pushing his shaggy blonde hair back, "Because if it is, you know I'll go talk to him. See if I can get him to go easier on you."