☆ Hazel's Diary Entry #30 ☆

Dedication:  Corval4life, thank you for reading TDOH, and also for all the votes + comments! :) xx 

Date: 04/04/16, Monday night 

Time: 7:23pm

I don't have much time, I'm sorry but I really don't. Which is why this is rushed. 

I'm trying to write as quickly as possible.

It won't be long until Dad manages to get in my room, but I thought I should write as much as I can before he does.

Oh God, I hear his footsteps now.

Long story short?

I got into an argument with Dad over something so minuscule, something about who drove into him - I couldn't really understand his drunken words - but it was along the lines of me knowing them or something.

Obviously, I don't, but I don't understand why he's bringing this up now anyway.

But yeah, he got angry about that (completely mad really), and then he went on about how I'm just worthless, and good for nothing at all.

I don't really want to write about it, especially with such limited time but, he punched me in the jaw. Yup, I know, he actually punched me. My own dad.

I don't even know who he is anymore if I'm being honest with you, and it breaks my hopeless heart.

Stopping these tears from escaping are impossible now, and I think I wouldn't mind all that much if Dad beats me to death when he finally gets me.

The only thing I'm worried about is my family; Mum, Ivy, Uncle Willow The Pillow. I don't want to leave them with this evolved monster, I don't want to hurt them.

Dad's banging on my door now, and yelling slurred profanities through the weak wood. It won't be long before he busts through the simple lock.

In a way, I'm glad no one else is home to witness this.

Maybe they'd stop him? But then again, when have they ever stood up to him?

I'm screwed.

My mum's at work, but don't even ask me where Ivy is because I have no clue.

Crap, he's almost in, oh pizza with mozzarella, he's-

"Shit, Hazel, no, don't leave me hanging!" I yell at the diary, glaring at where the entry just cuts off, "Please, please, please." I don't know what I'm begging for yet, because I haven't stopped to think, but I know I need to read more. I need to know.

To know what the hell happened, and where the hell she is now? Why did she stop writing? 

Poodle, I think as I flip through blanks pages, and see there's nothing else in here. It just cuts off. It's the end of Hazel's diary, just like that.

And she wasn't lying about crying either because the page is tear stained.

"Mr. Ryan, would you mind sharing the interesting, colourful book you're reading, that you are yelling about, to the class?" Mr 'Grump The Dump' - as Olivia refers to him as - called on me, breaking my internal breakdown.