Chapter 15

Marina's POV

I quickly arrive at his appartment and I see my manager standing in front of his door. As I get out and grab my bags I quickly rush towards him. "Hey, sorry it took a little longer. Goodbyes and stuff." I apologize. "That's okay Marina. Ready though? We're leaving tonight." He says, and I slowly nod. We walk to his car and drive to the airport. As we arrive it all goes pretty quick. We buy tickets back to England, let our bags get checked and within 30 minutes we're on the plane.

The flight went by smoothly, I think I even slept a little bit. My manager wakes me up as we're landed and we get out of the plane, get our bags and head out, where he calls a taxi for me. The taxi is here fairly quickly and I hug him before I get in, heading to my parents house. I arrive pretty quickly and get out of the taxi and walk towards the house. It's so big, as a kid I always thought I lived in a castle. I firmly knock on the door, only to be greeted with a tight hug from my mom a few seconds after. "Marina baby we're so glad to have you back home!" She says. "Hi mom, how's dad?" I reply as I wonder if I even sound interested at all. "Your dad is fine at the moment, not too much pain." She says with a relieved undertone. "Great." I say as I walk up to my old room. I really don't feel like interacting right now. And mom let's me go surprisingly easy. I decide to take a nap from the long flight and let myself fall on my old bed, feels just like how it used to.

I wake up about 2 hours later, put my hair up in a messy bun and head downstairs towards the living room where I find my mom sitting on the couch and my dad in his lounge chair cheering and making several wild hand gestures at the tv screen, he's watching football. He seems pretty fine to me right now, normally people who're in pain can't move like that. I decide to find out if he's really that 'ill'. I slowly walk up to him and pat him firmly on his shoulder, and it seems to startle him because he immediately sets up a fake cough. "Ha, dad! Watching football huh?" I say to him, a grin on my face. "Y-Yes dear, *cough* haven't watched a game in a long time. *cough*" He replies. I know he's not ill, I know they made me come here just because they 'missed me'. "Dad, I know you're not ill, quit the act and tell me the truth. It's not like I'm not upset already." I say to him, positive I look like I could straight up kill him. "Marina.. We never see you anymore, you're always away and you never say hi to your parents. So yes, we said I was ill to get you here, is it forbidden for parents to see their daughter?" He replies. "I met the girl of my dreams there, I had a wonderful time and you guys had to ruin it by faking your illness. I don't appreciate that, dad." He looks sadder than ever after I stop talking. I don't hate my parents, it's just little things like these that annoy me. Not giving him time to answer I grab my stuff and walk out the door. I don't care where I end up, as long as it's not there. Actually I do care where I end up. In Elizabeth's arms.