Chapter 4

Lana's POV

Two days have passed and I've finally decided I should text or call her. I just couldn't get myself to do it. I invited Ashley over to help me go through what I should say to her, she should be here fairly soon.

About 10 minutes later I hear my doorbell ring. I head towards the door and yes, there's Ash. As soon as I open the door she wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly, kind of startling me, to be honest. "Oh Lizzy, I'm so proud of you!" She yells directly into my ear. "Hun calm down, nothing even happened yet.." I say back to her, as she finally stops embracing me and steps into my house. "Yeah, but the fact you did it is so fantastic! You always were the shy one, so I'm just so proud of you for taking this step!" She says, and all I can do is stand there in awe.

We discuss on what I should say to her and when we finally come down to a reasonable thing to say, I think I'm ready to call her. Yes, I'm going to call her. With trembling hands I dial her number on my phone. Keep your breathing steady Liz, for fuck sake. It rings once.. It rings another time.. Please pick up, pretty please. And then, I hear the most angelic voice on the other end of the line:

M: Hello? This is Marina speaking.
E: H-Hi! Marina? This is Elizabeth, from the e-mail?
M: Elizabeth? Oh! Right! I'm so glad you finally decided to call! Before we get into a deep conversation, I really just want to tell you I'm glad to have a fan like you.

Is this happening? Is THE Marina really talking to me?

M: Elizabeth? You still there?
E: Yes! Yes, sorry, I'm just kind of nervous is all..
M: Nervous? For a phone call with me? You shouldn't be! I'm glad to be talking to you.
E: Why thank you, definitely the first time someone said that to me.
M: So, Elizabeth. Since we're both in New York, why don't we hang out some time? I'm still here for 2 months.
E: S-Sure! When and where?
M: Hmm.. You probably know that really nice diner, where they serve only the softest and most fresh waffles? There. Tomorrow?
E: Tomorrow? I don't think I have anything planned for tomorrow so that sounds like fun!
M: Great! See you there love!

And just like that the phone call ends. Did she just ask me out on a date? No, Elizabeth no. Don't get too full of yourself. It's just a friendly meet up. "Well?? How did it go?" Ashley asks me, I totally forgot she was here. "We.. We're meeting tomorrow." I realised I said it kind of numb, as if I don't have any emotions. But all I want to do is scream. "You've got to be kidding me! Liz that's great!! I'm so happy for you doll." She replies, and like that I almost swan dive into her arms, hugging her tightly.

It's now 11 pm and Ashley just left to head home. Finally I can just lay down and dream away about how wonderful tomorrow is going to be. I'm going to meet the love of my life. I'm going to meet Marina.