Chapter 5

Marina's POV

I've never met a fan before, it's kind of exciting to be honest. I look at myself in the mirror, my dark, wavy hair just long enough to cover a part of my shoulders. I look tired, the bags underneath my eyes are terrible. Oh well, what do you expect when you're on tour for like, half a year now? I tried to cover them up with some makeup and it looks a lot better now. I don't want to show up as a piece of trash.

I pull my best pair of black jeans and a crop-top saying 'Froot' on it. Duh, wearing my own merch for shameless self promo. I fix my makeup, do my hair and I'm almost ready to go. Wait, we didn't even say a time. I grab my phone and want to text her but it seems she was ahead of me on that one.

E: What time do you want me to be there? xx
M: Around 2? If you're ready that is, I'm almost ready to leave so.

Man, she replies quick, I didn't even lay my phone away and I already feel it buzzing again.

E: Sure!! I'm almost ready too. See you there!

That's set then. And seeing as I'm already done I decide to head towards the diner already, just to make sure she doesn't have to wait for me. I can easily walk there, it's not far away. As I walk through the streets of New York I realise I really miss my home in Wales. The people here aren't as friendly either. They're kinda grumpy. I arrive there fairly quick and sit down in a spot pretty close to the window so she hopefully spots me. Now that I think about it, I have no idea what she looks like. Idiot, should've just asked for a picture. Oh well, I'll just see what happens.

Lana's POV

I'm so nervous, for what? It's just going to be a friendly conversation, that's all. But what if she thinks I'm weird? These kind of thoughts circle around in my head as I'm on my way there. I look at my watch. 2:03. And I'm also late, great.

As I walk around the corner and see the diner at the distance I get more and more excited. I start walking slower and slower, but that's only because my body is trembling so badly. I want to meet her so badly, this is like a dream coming true. And then, at the front of the diner I see her. She's sitting there, waiting for me. For me. But what I didn't realise until now, is that she doesn't know what I look like. Which means I have to speak to her first.

I slowly open the door and walk in, walking to her table I notice myself feeling pretty okay with it. Not as nervous as before. I walk up to her from behind, so that she doesn't see me and slowly reach my arm out to tap her on the shoulder. She jumps slightly, oops, didn't mean to scare her. She turns around and I see her angelic eyes stare at me, she's looking at me, she's like, 1 meter away from me. "Uh, hi, I'm Elizabeth." I say.

"Hi, I'm Marina." She replies after what seemed to be forever. She held her hand out for me to shake which I do. Then I sit down in front of her, and apparently I was staring at her in awe, because her cheeks were ever so slightly pink. "So, Elizabeth. I just want to thank you for being here. It feels great to be in contact with my fans." She says. "Don't thank me, thank you for wanting to meet up with me. I absolutely adore your music. It cheers me up when I'm sad, well, it cheers me up in general." I respond. Jeez, I sound like I'm worshipping her. Well, practically I am.

---

The conversation seemed to go on for an eternity. Not that I really mind that, I loved every second of it.