Chapter Twenty-Five: Dragon Queen

***3rd POV***

They entered Fangorn Forest to go after they found the burning pile of orcs. "You sent the hobbits to go with the Ents?" Aragorn asked.

Oriana had her bow in hand. "Yes. Merry and Pippin are extremely well-mannered when they need to be. They will have a large part to play in the destruction of Isengard...I sense that they will rally the tree herders." She explained as she looked at all of the trees in wonder.

"Oriana...do you remember it? The forests of Greenwood once looked like this." Legolas asked.

She nodded. "Yes...I do. Even-" She stopped talking when she felt something strange. Her eyes widened. "This cannot be true...he is not here!" She smiled as she took off running.

"Who is here?!" Aragorn called as they tried to catch up to her.

They came to a bright white light, blinding them, but Oriana ran straight into it, jumping up on to the stone where the light seemed to stand. "Hello, dear one." A familiar voice said as the light faded.

The three hunters were shocked to see Oriana hugging none other than their friend Gandalf, whom they believed to be dead...

"This cannot be..." Aragorn mumbled. "You fell!" He exclaimed in confusion.

"Yes...I did fall, through fire and water. I slayed the Balroc and was rescued by Oriana's fair mother...I have been brought back until my purpose is done." He smiled warmly as he let Oriana go.

"Then this makes you Gandalf the White?" Oriana asked.

Gandalf laughed. "I suppose it does...though soon enough your own name shall change, no? Mrs. Greenleaf?" He smirked and she covered her face with her hands bashfully.

Gandalf looked to Aragorn. He mouthed to him, "I remember our bet." Before he winked at him. Aragorn's eyes widened...

***

They left Fangorn, for their new heading was Edoras. To free Theoden from the power that holds his mind.

Oriana rode behind Legolas, Gimli behind Aragorn, Gandalf rode his snow white horse Shadowfax.

They reached Edoras and rode up toward the Golden Hall where the King makes his home. "You could find more cheer at a funeral." Gimli commented on the depressed villagers.

Oriana sighed and lowered the hood of her fellowship cloak. She was recognized near immediately. A woman gasped from her porch. "The White Lady! She has returned! The Dragon Queen!!!" The woman proclaimed, everyone stared before they began to cheer.

"Dragon Queen...?" Aragorn asked.

Oriana nodded. "They used to have a dragon infestation in Helm's Deep...now they do not. Some here may call me that, yes...truth be told, it's embarrassing." She shrugged.

"The title seems to fit you well." Legolas teased and she punched his side.

"Just smile and wave for the people, it looks good." She ordered them all and waved to the townsfolk.

Oriana saw children come running out of the school house to meet her, they were disappointed when she passed by...there were children picking on a little girl, pulling her braids because she was small.

"Legolas, stop the horse." She said.

"What?" He asked.

"Stop the horse or I jump off." She growled and he did so. She got down and walked over to the children. "Hello, little one." She smiled, kneeling in front of the small girl with auburn blonde hair and shiny green eyes.

The girl was scared. "What is your name?" Oriana asked.

The girl swallowed a knot in her thoat. "My name is Bela." She replied sheepishly.

"Bela, hmm...a beautiful name that fits a fair maiden of Rohan. Were these children picking on you?" Oriana asked, glaring at the offenders.

"My papa left with Lord Eomer! And they say he's a bad man for doing that! But my papa is a good man...but-...but they say he doesn't love me anymore!" The girl began to cry and she hugged Oriana around the neck.

Oriana was heart broken. She held the girl for a few moments before standing up, she looked sternly at the children. "Lord Eomer is a good and noble man to follow. Her father is the same for doing so. The next child who teases her for having a good father will hear from me, Princess Oriana, the Dragon Queen...her body guard. Am I understood?!" She bellowed the last sentence to the children who looked terrified.

They hastily nodded. "Good...now back to your books, all of you." She smiled and hugged Bela a final time before walking back to the waiting horses.

"You did not have to do that." Gandalf said with a smile.

"But I wanted to...no child should be persecuted for being different." She said after Legolas took her hand, swinging her back on to the horse.

"And that is why you're my favorite...Dragon Queen." The Wizard joked as they rode up the hill to the Golden Hall...