He Cracked

"Flippy?" Flippy turned to the multicolored haired boy with a slight frown upon his face. "What?" Nutty was concerned for him. "Are.. you ok? You never answered me yesterday when I asked." The two were heading to school again. Flippy didn't forget yesterday when the twins were all over Nutty. "I'm fine Nutty." He said a bit irritated. Nutty only nodded. This awkward silence and tense atmosphere wasn't his style. "Flippy, did I do something wrong?" Nutty asked him.

As the two walking into the building, the first person to catch Flippy's eye was Shifty. He was a good distance away from them, but Flippy didn't want Nutty anywhere near him. He stood in the way of Nutty's and his typical route to class on purpose obviously to see Nutty. Flippy growled and pulled Nutty another way. "Whoa-Whoa! What are you doing?!" Nutty looked at Flippy with widened eyes. "Let's go this way, try something new." He obviously forced a smile. Flippy wasn't even looking at Nutty as he did so. He just kept walking forward dragging Nutty along.

In class, Nutty could feel the tense radiating atmosphere around Flippy behind him. It made him very very uncomfortable. He didn't know what to do. Flippy was distracting him from paying attention in class. Not like he use to anyways though. A sudden kick in his chair made him jump in surprise. He looked back to see a frowning, yet pouting Flippy. "Your not going to your last class period... right?" Nutty didn't know why Flippy was asking. He was acting really strange. "Yea, why not?"
The bell rung.

Outside in the hall, Flippy and Nutty were about to separate to go to their different classes. "See ya later Flippy. I gotta-" Flippy hugged Nutty and rested his forehead against his. Nutty had a shock expression upon his face as he looked at Flippy, whose eyes were closed. "Stay with me." Nutty's eyes widened a bit more and he blushed a bit. "F-Flippy?" He questioned. "I don't feel too well." He said as he hugged Nutty a bit tighter and squeezed his eyelids tightly shut. Nutty manage to us one of his hands to lift his hair and touch his forehead. "You are hot." Nutty said a little shocked. "Ok, I guess I can miss gym today... To help a friend in need." Flippy groaned from Nutty's last sentence. Nutty got lose from the hug and held onto Flippy with one arm as his was tossed over Nutty's shoulder. "We should probably get you home."

The two made it to Nutty's house. They were able to leave school without being questioned by any of the faculty. Since Nutty's house was closer to them, they abandoned the idea of going to Flippy's.

Flippy laid down in Nutty's bed. Nutty sat on the end of it, taking off his own shoes. "Are you ok?" Nutty asked. "Yea, now that your taking care of me." Flippy smiled. "No, I mean emotionally. You've been mad lately and acting strange. I ask you if your alright and you try to ignore the question. What's wrong?" Nutty looked at him with sadness in his eyes. Flippy wasn't ready. He couldn't tell him just yet. He just couldn't. "Hey, the day we got put out of Lumpy's class, how was your day then?" Nutty sighed. He got out of answering yet again. Nutty shrugged. "Fun I guess. You were around."
"How about when I wasn't?" Flippy tested. Nutty looked a bit confused for a moment. Then he suddenly had an expression that told Flippy he was embarrassed. He remembered.

"Um.." Nutty scratched his head. "Alright, I guess." Flippy stared at him for a moment. Nutty knew Flippy wanted him to continue. "Uhh, last period was... interesting. The twins.. um... were a bit, err... happier than usual..." Nutty turned away, covering his mouth with the side of his hand. "What happened?" Flippy frowned, but Nutty wasn't looking at him at the moment. "Nothing really. Lifty and Shifty hugged me." Nutty got up and smiled at Flippy. "But nothing else happened! I promise! Flaky and Giggles came to join us and all was good again! I'm fine." Nutty raised his hands in defense. Flippy sighed and turned over. "Flippy?" Nutty asked. Flippy laid back facing the ceiling with his arm over his face, covering his eyes. "I think I need a bit more rest."

Nutty left the room. He went into his living room with a confused look upon his face. "Why was Flippy asking so many questions? And why did he act so upset when I mentioned what happened that day? I really wasn't anything bad." Nutty thought to himself. He walked into the kitchen and noticed a chocolate bar on his counter. All previous thought left his head and his attention was fully on the sweet treat that laid before him. He walked up to it and wasted no time in unwrapping it and taking a bite. Just that one bite made his day. Looking down again, Nutty noticed a note. It was obviously from his older brother.
He carefully read the note. Nutty sighed and leaned against the kitchen counter, eating the chocolate bar his brother put for him. "He's not coming today..." Nutty pouted.

After about an hour and a half, Nutty's doorbell rung. He left his couch, where he was watching T.V and went for the door. "Hold on! I'm comin'!" Nutty said as he finally made it to the door and opened it. "Lifty?" He said in confusion.

"Hey Nutty, long time no see." He grinned. Nutty scratched his head. "I saw you yesterday. You stole my wallet after school.." Lifty shrugged. "Naah, that was Shifty. Your getting us confused. He's a thief."
"No, Shifty always wears a hat. I'm pretty sure that was you who s-" Shifty interrupted him. "Why did you leave school so early?"
"Oh um, Flippy wasn't feeling well so I skipped to help him out." Lifty nodded with a devilish smirk upon his face stepping closer to Nutty. "Ah, that's very kind of you." Nutty stepped back a bit. "Yea well, he is my friend."
"Would you care for me like that?" He asked still smiling at him. Nutty hesitated to answer. "Ah um, sure. We're close enough friends I guess." Lifty leaned forward causing Nutty to lean back a bit in shock. "Maybe I'd like to be more." Those words actually made him freeze up. All this was very unexpected. It didn't help the situation when Lifty took advantage of Nutty's frozen state of shock and kissed him.

Nutty was in the doorway paralyzed. Even though Lifty was no longer kissing him, he still remained still. Lifty chuckled as he walked away and waved goodbye to Nutty. He finally got a hold of himself and closed the door. "What the hell just happened? .... What the hell just happened?!" Nutty ran his hands through his hair. He could feel his cheeks heat up a bit. Lifty just kissed him and he was too in shock to do anything at all. Nutty sighed and turned around. He looked up and his eyes widened a bit. Standing at the bottom of the stairs was Flippy. "Fli-Flippy?! Did you... see that?" There was no response. He observed his friend. Flippy slouched as he leaned against the wall. He looked tired and out of breath. Flippy also had baggy yellow eyes. "Wait. I could of swore he had green eyes." Flippy walked towards Nutty. "Are you alright Flip- Oow!" Flippy pushed Nutty away and walked out of the door. "What is his problem?" Nutty frowned slightly from the floor.

A bit rushed in the end but I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for all the support!