The Call Back

*Steven Pov*
(4 Days Later)
My cell phone rang obnoxiously loud and I reached for it. Lauren groaned in her sleep and rolled over.
"Hello?" I said groggily.
"Oh Steven I'm so sorry! It's really early. I just couldn't sleep because I'm so excited!" Shannon, our realtor, said loudly into the phone. I checked my alarm clock to see that it was 3:00am.
"Can you talk quietly please? Lauren is still asleep." I asked.
"I'm so sorry! I drank like 4 cups of coffee." She laughed. She was quieter but not by much. Lauren wrapped her legs and arms around my body and buried her face into my back. I felt her body relax and her breathing became more even.
"Ok so what's the good news?" I said trying not to drift off again.
"You got the house." She said.
"I'm sorry what did you say?" I asked.
"You got the house. The couple with the kid already is in escrow with a house and since you're having a baby you were next on the list! Congrats!" She said happily.
"Oh my god. OH MY GOD! Thank you!" I said excitedly struggling to keep my voice down. Lauren groaned again and her eyes slowly opened.
"Steven shut the hell up." She murmured.
"Babe we got the house." I whispered to her.
"You're lying." She whispered.
"No I'm not. We own a house." I said and her green eyes shot open.
"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" She yelled hugging me and kissing me.
"Very serious." I said. She had the biggest smile on her face. I turned my attention back to my phone. "Sorry about that." I said to Sharon.
"No Hun it's ok to be excited! Well I'll call you later so we can talk money." She laughed.
"Thanks, talk to you soon! Bye." I said tiredly. I locked my phone and rolled back over to see Lauren. Her face was buried into her hands and her shoulders were shaking. "Laur?" I asked and she looked up at me. She had a smile on her face but tears in her eyes.
"I'm just so happy!" She said hugging me.
"And exhausted." I said holding her.
"That too." She said with a watery laugh.
"Let's get some sleep." I replied. Lauren nodded and soon she was fast asleep.

*************************************
*next morning*
I rolled over and groaned. It was 10 and Lauren wasn't in bed. I heard the toilet flush and saw her walking out of the bathroom looking disheveled.
"You sick again?" I asked groggily.
"No." She said hopping into bed. "I'm tired. I want to sleep all day." She mumbled spooning me.
"Hey you know I like being the big spoon!" I teased and she laughed into the bare skin of my back and gave me a kiss there.
"Not today." She said with a small smile.
"I can't believe we own a house." I said.
"Yeah I know! Now stop talking and snuggle me." She demanded.
I did as I was told.
*************************************
*1 Week Later*
I walked into the new house and breathed in. It smelled like touch up paint and plastic. Soon it would smell like Lauren and I.
Lauren lugged a box inside and set it down gently.
"You shouldn't be carrying things in." I scolded her and gave her a kiss.
"That box is super fragile. It's pictures, I wanted to save them from the mover guys." She laughed.
"You're getting bigger." I said with a smile and she raised her eyebrow at me. "Well our baby is." I said touching her stomach. She was wearing a tight white shirt that easily showed off her small bump.
"You think I'll be able to hide it still?" She laughed.
"Not in those shirts." I replied. "Boobs look good too."
She pushed me and wore a giant smile.
"So I bought our tickets for Italy. We leave in 5 days which should be enough time to get all the boxes and furniture moved in and some unpacked." I said and Lauren nodded, she was still looking down at our baby. I smiled while watching her.
"God it all feels so real." She whispered. "Seeing me grow bigger, buying a house.... Everything." She said.
"Yeah I know, it's pretty surreal." I replied.
"I'm so glad that I get to do all of this with my best friend." She said looking up at me.
"God I love you." I said kissing her passionately.
"Umm where do you want the couch?" One moving guy asked awkwardly, pulling us apart.
"Over there." Lauren pointed blushing. He nodded and they carried the couch over. "Perfect!" She told them and they quickly wandered out of the house.
"Now where were we?" I asked kissing her again.

*************************************
Sorry short chapter but it was super fluffy!
Next part is Europe! I'm so excited!!! :)
Please comment and vote and thanks for the almost 1k reads! ILY! <3