Oh Baby!

*Lauren POV*
I felt sick to my stomach, Steven had taken me out to a restaurant last night and it just wasn't agreeing with me this morning.
I sat on my couch as tried to hold the contents of my stomach inside. I just couldn't do it any longer and I threw up.
"Oh god." I said pulling back from the toilet. "I can't get sick right now."
"Lauren?" Steven said knocking on the bathroom door.
"Come in." I said quietly, I tucked my hair behind my ears.
"Why are you hugging the toilet?" He asked feeling my forehead.
"I threw up." I said sadly.
"You can get sick right now. Today's going to be a rough day of filming." He said patting my back.
"I know." I growled getting up and brushing my teeth. I scrapped my tongue and hit my gag reflex causing me to throw up again.
"Ok something is seriously wrong." Steven said holding my hair.
"I think it was dinner last night." I said placing my feverish head in his cool hands. He shook his head and narrowed his eyebrows.
"I don't know Lauren...." He said. "You had a salad and a bowl of soup." I nodded.
"How'd you even get in here?" I asked looking up into his brown eyes.
"You gave me a key, last night." He answered and I nodded.
"Right." I said sighing.
"Let's make a doctors appointment." He said.
"I'll be fine!" I said standing up and brushing my teeth again but more carefully.
"Ok! Get ready and I'll drive you." Steven said leaving the bathroom. He seems annoyed with me but I don't care, I can't be sick.

*************************************
"I'm sick." I said while throwing up on set for the third day in a row. Steven rubs my back soothingly.
"Alright, go make an appointment!" Steven says handing me my iPhone.
I call my doctor and he books me an appointment tomorrow.
"Tomorrow?" Steven asks.
"Yeah." I reply.
"I can't go! Work n all." He says looking down.
"You don't have too!" I reply hugging him. "That's sweet of you though."
He smiles and I smile back.

*************************************
"Hello Lauren." My doctor says checking my charts.
"Hi." I reply setting down my things.
"Last weeks episode scared me." He said with laugh. "Maggie needs to be more careful especially with her being pregnant." He said with a kind smile. I laughed and sat down.
"That's what I've been telling them but they keep making me do dangerous things. A pregnancy can never be just a pregnancy. It has to be life threatening." I replied jokingly. He smiled at me and looked over my chart again.
"Well everything looks relatively normal. Can you explain your symptoms?" He asked sitting down and getting out a pen.
"Light headed, dizzy, dehydrated often. Um.... Nausea, throwing up..... Loss of appetite and then extreme hunger." I said clearing my throat.
"Hmmm interesting." He said, he turned and handed me a cup. "Can you please fill that with your pee. We're going to test it. Should take a day, you can come back tomorrow." He replied and I nodded. I went into the bathroom and filled the little cup, a nurse took it from me and he gave me a routine psychical just in case.
"Yep, everything seems normal. Your abdomen seems a little bloated but that should be over soon. Other than that you're healthy. I'll test your urine and you can come back tomorrow." He said with a polite smile. I pulled down my shirt and he helped me up.
"Thank you." I said.
"No problem Lauren! Have fun killing zombies." He said with a wink.

*************************************
*the next day*
"Lauren! Hello, weird to see you back so soon." He joked and I smiled.
"So about my test...." I asked feeling anxious.
"Well you're not sick! Not at all." He replied with a smile.
"Oh thank goodness." I replied breathing a sigh of relief. His face went serious.
"But..." He replied.
"But? But what?" I asked quietly.
"Well let's say Maggie isn't the only one whose having a baby." He replied. "I know this must be inconvenient for you but congrats Lauren." He replied leaving the room. I sat there in shock, my mouth went slack. Baby. A baby. Steven's baby. Our baby.
"Oh shit." I breathed. "Oh shit, oh my god."
"Hi Miss. Cohan! I'm Sally and I'm going to be telling you about your baby!" She replied with a smile but I didn't return it. What was I going to do? I tuned the nurse out and she kept handing me pamphlets which I stuck into my purse. She then handed me some prenatal vitamins which I also stuck in my purse. "Is that clear?" She replied.
"Yep, crystal." I replied and she gave me a disapproving look.
"Alright well congrats on your baby!" She smiled and walked out. I got up and shuffled like a zombie back to my car. I unlocked it and slid inside, as soon as I closed the door I sobbed.

*************************************

Hope you guys liked that. I've always liked the idea of Steven and Lauren getting together and having kids. So this is that story! :)
Follow me on Instagram
@dailystevenyeunpics