The House

*Lauren Pov*
"Well as you can see this house is more tucked back than the others. Differently from the picture you saw the houses actually have a good distance apart from each other. You were correct about the code you need to enter." The real estate agent chirped.
She was an older woman, blondish, tall, probably very pretty in her younger age. Steven and I looked at the house and nodded. It was perfect. It was at the end of the road and in a weird bend. They couldn't build houses next to it because of the bend.
The neighborhood was very kid friendly which was good. Our son or daughter would be really safe here and I loved it.
"Wanna see inside?" Shannon, the realtor, asked.
"Yes please." I said and Steven smiled at me. I could tell he loved it too.
We walked through the front doors. It had a wide open living room and a little to the left was a big kitchen and dining area. She told us about the expensive utilities the pervious owners had put in. She lead us down a hallway. It had three rooms each with a small walk in closet. They were very spacious. We took us to the other side of the house and showed us the giant master bedroom.
It had a giant shower and a separate bathtub. The toilet area was an extra room with its own door.
The only thing I didn't like was that the kids rooms were on the other side of the house. The garage was perfect to fit our two cars. We didn't drive that much anyways.
She took us to the backyard.
It was huge.
"Oh my god Steven! We can put a play set, maybe a pond with some koi fish! They can have a small pool over here. We can easily bbq and have outdoor furniture."
"Yeah Laur! That all sounds perfect." Steven smiled kissing my cheek.
"Aww do you guys have kids?" She asked. She was obviously unfamiliar with us.
"No not yet." I admitted. "Soon though."
"But when you guys do this house will be perfect for them. There's a great school just north of here. Plenty of kids. A community pool and park. It's a great area." She said.
"When can we buy it?" Steven asked.
"Really?" I asked looking at Steven.
"Well if you love it as much as I do then you'll want to buy it." He smiled.
"I do!" I said hugging him.
"You guys want to purchase this home?" She asked.
"Yes we really do." Steven said.
"Awesome! We've had a couple other potential buyers. I will tell my clients and they'll decide." She said walking in the house to make a phone call.
"This place is perfect for us." I said.
"I really hope we get it. It'll be hard because the other buyers probably have children." Steven said.
"I mean we have a child." I said and Steven nodded.
"Just not yet." He laughed.
"Yeah." I said. "If we don't get this house-"
"Shh it's ok." He said.
"Um my clients would like to speak with you...." Sharon said. She looked very uneasy like this wasn't usual.
"Ok?" Steven said taking her phone. "Hello?" I asked. We had them on speaker phone.
"Hi! Our agent said that your names are Lauren Cohan and Steven Yeun. Like from the Walking Dead?"
"Yeah that's us!" Steven said. He gave me an excited look.
"Wow, celebrities want to buy our old home that's amazing. We love your show." The man said.
"It's our favorite." A woman said. They sounded a little older than us.
"We really would sell it to you but we've had other offers. Another young couple and a couple with a child. We were going to sell it to the couple with the child." The husband said.
"We understand." Steven sighed. "We just really love this place."
"I know, it's just because the other couple has a child. I apologize." He said.
"I'm pregnant." I blurted suddenly. Steven gave me a shocked look.
"Oh that's wonderful!" The wife said and I face palmed. I was trying to get them to reconsider but I felt horrible. I was trying to steal a home away from a family.
"Well that changes somethings." The husband replied.
"No it doesn't...." I said sadly. "Please sell the house to the couple with the child."
"Will do, we'll let you know if anything changes. We haven't heard from them in weeks." The husband said and then he hung up.
"Lauren what-" Steven began.
"I know I know. I don't know what I was thinking I just want this place so badly. Does that makes me a horrible person?" I asked.
"No of course not. You're the sweetest person I've ever met." He said kissing my forehead. "Let's go look for another home. There's tons for sale and tons being built."
"Can I have my phone back please?" The realtor interrupted.
"Yeah sorry." I said handing it back to her.
"Alright well follow me." She said leading us out the front door.
"Thanks for showing us the house." Steven said shaking her hand.
"It's my job.... Literally my job!" She laughed.
I shook her hand and laughed with her.
"We really liked it. Do you think that you could be our realtor too?" I asked dropping her hand.
"I'm sure I can squeeze you in!" She smiled.
"Great! Thank you." Steven said.
"Just call me and we'll work out something." She said handing us her card. We nodded and said our goodbyes.
"Still really bummed about this place." I said.
"Me too. We'll find a place don't worry." Steven said.
"In the meantime let's go to Europe." I said kissing his cheek.
"You feeling well enough for that?" He asked running a hand over my stomach.
"I'm feeling good. Just tired." I said.
"Well let's go home then. I'll make dinner tonight!" He said as we walked towards our car.
"Spaghetti?" I asked.
"Spaghetti." He answered.