Chapter Two

The moment we got back to Konoha, I was placed in the hospital. I also sensed two guards at my door. I sigh, sitting upright and uncomfortable on the hospital bed. I sensed the Hokage entering the hospital, storming up to my room.

I stood as she entered the room. "Sit," She commanded. I obeyed. "Now, I am glad to see you safe," She began, "I am going to attempt to heal your eyes. You will be unconcious during this. Also, while your under, we will have people probing your mind,"

Even though I questioned nothing, she decided to explain herself. "We still don't know if you're a rogue nin. Orochimaru could have set this up to get you into Konoha," She seems slightly perturbed by my lack of response.

"If you don't mind, we will begin immidiately," She told me. "If you'd lie down..." I do as she orders, and an I.V is rolled in to the room. Two ninja I don't recognize also walked in. "These two ninja will be probing your mind," She explains as she attaches the I.V. I don't flinch in the slightest.

"Here's my warning," She says as my head begins to feel fuzzy, "Anything seems to go wrong with searching your memories, and I stop the surgery halfway through. You won't have your eyesight,"

She seems dissapointed by my lack of fear at her threat. My eyes begin to slowly close. The last thing I heard was Tsunade's voice echoing, bouncing around my head,

"Remember my warning,"

***

I woke with a start. Why did I sleep, I never sleep, where was I, where was Orochimaru, what--

Oh. That's right. Konoha. Surgery. Blind.

My eyes are open, and I see nothing.

"You made two full grown men break down screaming by looking through your mind. I had to Yamanaka-san himself to come look through your memories," I turn my head towards Tsunade's voice.

"And you know what he said?" She asked. I just turned away, not caring. "He said that there wasn't a single trap within your mind. That it was simply your memories that made those men scream. Thanks to Yamanaka-san, I decided to continue on with the surgery," She informed me.

Why was she telling me this? "And the surgery was succesful," She announced happily, reaching towards my head. "Keep your eyes closed," She warned. I complied. I felt her slowly unwrapping abandage from my head.

"Open your eyes, slowly," She ordered. My trembling eyelids hesitantly parted. I saw nothing.

Blackness.

Darknesss.

Nothing.

I was blind.

Bt slowly, ever so slowly, I saw the dimmest light possible. I looked around the gloomy room. Was it the room that was black, not my eyesight?

"Your eyes will be very sensitive to light for a bit, so I had them dim the room down. Your eyes had to adjust to the darkness," She explained. I nodded. "Now tell me... What exactly did those men see in your memories?" She asked.

"Matters how far back they looked," I reply.

"Two and a half years ago," She said. Seeing my look of confusion, sh added, "When you first went missing,"

Ah, okay. I didn't exactly keep track of time after a year in that place. "Well, he kept me in a cell for two weeks. I got water once every two days. Food every five. He really didn't do many experiments on me during the time I was there. But after two weeks, he came in, and gave me a proposition,"

Footsteps echoed down a corridor. I looked up, one eye swollen shut. The man who fed me, so I wouldn't have to be unchained, punched me when I spit on him. The door swung open.