Chapter 16: In A Burning Past

Hiro then glance down at the Yang necklace lifting it up and put it on his neck.

"What is this place?"Hiro glance around the wreckage property.

Aunt Cass stood silently".........this place was our old home 13 years ago"She spoke.

"This was our home??"Hiro was surprised.

"Yes"Aunt Cass walks to the old bridge that hasn't been burned.

"Aunt Cass please tell me what happen here? There's something your hiding is there?"Hiro comes closer and stands beside her.

"I-I -I can't I don't want to hurt you more"Aunt Cass tears coming down slowly.

"Why?"Hiro ask like he was gonna tear up too.

"It's a hurtful memory to speak about it"Aunt Cass cries.

"Aunt Cass I have a right to know!"Hiro  scream.

"I can't!"Aunt Cass yells.

"Aunt Cass please! Tell me! How is Cora's my twin sister?!!"Hiro tears beginning to come down.

Aunt Cass flinch of Hiro's argue"I-I-Im sorry. I'm sorry that I yelled at you. I shouldn't done that"Hiro bows his head and glance down the mud pond.

"Hiro. It's okay"Aunt Cass pats his back"you have a right to know the whole truth".

Hiro looks up straight eye to Aunt Cass"please tell me.....of what happen here?"Hiro murmured.

Aunt Cass took a deep breath and exhale"Hiro.......".

"Wait there's something else"Hiro interrupted her.

Hiro's eyes grew wide"how. The family pictures they don't have Cora on them?!".

"Those pictures were one year before you and her were born"Aunt Cass calms down"some were burned, I hid the burned marks".

"Even though you know her on kindergarten year you both were 4 years old when you both......both of you had head concussion when the fire start it, somehow you managed to remember her as a bestfriend and what she look like I was amazed of that. So me and your brother decide to fake it until you won't remember and I bet That Maniac did the same to her".

Hiro touches his head"Burn. Fire. Smoke"Hiro whispers to himself.

"Burn. Fire. Smoke"Hiro chanted and something hits him with a flash.

|Flashback|

November 7th, 2009

Not much snow on the ground.

"Hiro! Come back here!"unknown child voice chasing Hiro around the garden.

"Can't catch me Cora!"Hiro laughs.

"You no fair!"Cora echoes away.

"Hiro, Cora!"said young Tadashi"Aunt Cass is here to visit".

"Yayy race you Cora"Hiro starts bumbling his feet them Cora past by him.

"Slow poke Zero!"Cora teases.