13

Cherish POV**

Today is the day of part 1 of the dinner party. I've never been to one so I'm kinda excited. I hop in the shower and wash for the second time today. Once I'm out I wash my face and brush my teeth then go to my closet and pick out undergarments. "I guess I'll go with the royal blue laced bra & thong". I mumble to myself.

"Cherish I need your opinion, black dress tonight or red dress?". Letisha asked walking into my closet holding up both of her dresses. "Wear the black it's sheik". I say pretending to model in my towel.

"Cool, which dress are you wearing". She asks

I hold up my royal blue thong. "Ahhh royal blue, I see someone trying to get sucked and fucked tonight". We both laugh at her stupidity and start dressing ourselves. Once my undergarments are on I lotion up as letisha brushes her teeth. "What shoes are you wearing cherish?".

"Umm my sliver diamond sandal heel". I say getting up and sitting in front of my make up mirror and start beating my face to the gawds. "Ok cakey". Letisha said looking at her behind in my full body mirror on my wall. "Bryson been hitting it right I see". I say smirking

"Well you know". She giggles
****
8:25pm

We arrive at the party in a Bentley letisha rented for the night. The driver gets out to open our door. He helps us out and we make our way inside arm and arm. The place was huge and so beautiful inside there was a chandelier in the hallway just as you enter the building and in the ball room.

The ball room was lit up. Everything was gold and white I'm guessing that's the theme. Me and letisha find our table and sit down. Bryson & two other guys were sitting at the table already. "Cherish this is Alex & Brian. Brian is my assistant and Alex is Bryson's friend. "Hi". I say giving off a small smile and a wave.

"I'm loving your dress girl". Brian said smiling really wide. "Oh thank you, I like your suit burgundy fits you". I say back

"Thank you Hun, you must be new to these gatherings right?, I mean I haven't seen you at any of the others". He said crossing his legs. I could tell he's homosexual just by his demeanor. It's cute and I always wanted a gay friend.

"Yeah I just moved out here to expand my clothing line".

"Yass girl we gonna be best of friends, because I love clothes and I love fashion. Your dress has to be a Marc Jacobs original?".

"Yes, it is actually". I like him.

"I be knowing, I be knowing".
****
It's about a hour into the party and I'm on my second glass of champagne. Me and letisha decide to get up and talk to a few people. "This is the perfect time for you to pitch your clothing line to designers and other fashion oriented people". She said as we walk through the crowd.

She introduces me to a few of her clients and I tell them about my line of clothing. A few of them gave me their numbers so we could work together. "The most famous designers want to work with me letisha!".

"This calls for a celebration drink". She hands me a shot of vodka. We both take it to the head and hit the dance floor. This night couldn't possibly get any better.

"ATTENTION! MAY I HAVE EVERYONES ATTENTION!". A lady saids standing up on stage. "I wanna thank you all for coming to another one of my husbands annual dinner party". The crowd claps.

"Let's go sit at our table". Letisha suggests and we make our way to our seats. "Now without further delay please welcome my husband of forty five years Mr.Lax to the stage!". Everyone claps as a middle aged man steps on stage. " thank you everyone...it makes me happy to see my friends and some new faces gather here today to celebrate me. This year will be a big one for not only me and my wife but also for none other than a new friend recently made partner of mine...Chresanto August!".

Chresanto...

My heart stops...didn't expect him to be here. "Come on up here!". Mr.lax calls out to chres. I watch as he walks up on stage looking more sexy than I've ever imagined.

"Me and Mr.August have partnered up, history in the making!". The crowd goes wild and everyone stands.

I need some air.

"Letisha I'll be right back". I grab my purse off the table. "Are you ok, look like your losing color". Brian said looking worried. "Yeah just gotta pee". I say trying to leave before chresanto gets off stage and sees me. "I'll come with you". Letisha said standing up. "No!, I mean no stay I'll be right back".

I quickly walk away before anything else can be said from her, Brian or even me. I push through the crowd of people as they go back to the dance floor to dance.

I run to the nearest bathroom I could find and shut myself in a stall.

Calm down, caalm down.

For some reason I wanted to cry you know the feeling when your emotions are all over the place and you feel like your about to either cry, pass out or suffocate well that's exactly how I'm feeling right now. I haven't seen chresanto since I was 19 it's been two whole years. Ooooh he looked so good, I forgot how fine that man was mmm mm mm.

"Ok breath, breath".

I walk out the stall and wash my hands even though I didn't use the rest room. It's just something I do to calm me down when I'm in a panic. I let the water run over my hands for a good three minutes then dry them off and put lotion on my hands. I check my makeup, spray myself and look over my outfit & hair before i walk out.

Ok here we go..

I take one last deep breath and open the door stepping out into the hallway not looking at my surroundings. I bump right into someone and fall flat on my ass.

Great.

The person reaches their hand out to help me up. I grab their hand without making eye contact because I'm to embarrassed to see who I just ran into. I hope it's not a big time fashion mogul, that would be the worst.

Once I'm on my feet I bend down to pick up my purse and dust off my dress. "I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going". I say still not trying to make eye contact.

"Cherish?...is that you?". A very familiar voice saids. I look up and just my luck it's...

Chresanto August.