11

Cherish POV**

Today me and tish decide to go dress shopping for the dinner party this Saturday & Sunday. She told me that the guy who is hosting them decided to have two parties. She informed me that he throws them every year and it always turns out amazing. From the food to the guest to the entertainment.
***

After dress shopping Letisha suggested that I change my hair color and I agreed since I was getting tired of the purple anyway.
Letisha recommended that I go to this small salon about a hour away from our side of town called "Tresses" . She said the stylist there are really nice and they do a great job.

I made sure to call ahead since Tish told me they get booked up quick. One lady named jazzy was able to fit me in since she had a two hour brake between clients. Which was a blessing because she didn't have to take me.

Once I arrive I park my car in the private parking. I get out and walk to the entrance Then wait to be buzzed in. From the outside you would think first glance that the inside of this salon would be kinda cheap or rundown looking compared to most, but just like wise people always say "never judge a book by its cover". 

The inside was lit up with lights all over the ceiling, nice black leather chairs lined the wall for the dryers. The stations Also had leather seats and a large mirror with lights around them. The check in desk was all white with magazines on it, and the waiting area consisted  of one long black couch with a coffee table that also had magazines on it. Of course they were different from the ones on the check in desk. The color scheme was mainly black and white with splashes of color here and there.

"Hello, how may I help you?". The receptionist asked as I approached the desk.

" I have a hair appointment with jazzy, my name is Cherish".

"Oh yes the call in...hold on let me page her".

Jazzy your "call in" is here.

"Mhm my name is Cherish".

"Sorry about that she'll be right with you take a seat in the waiting area and feel free to read a magazine". She said not looking me directly in the eyes.

I suck in air so I won't snatch sis out her seat for the Blatant direspect then I walk over to the couch to wait for my stylist to come. "Kase why didn't you put the order in for the new aprons like I told you to last week?". A chocolate skinned shapely woman said as she walked from the back.

"Boss lady I did...must be something wrong with the shipping". The receptionist said as she opened up her laptop quickly. I guess so she could order those aprons.

"Yeah? so why you rushing to open your laptop? Kase I may have to replace you".

"What?".

"You heard me...now you must be cherish?". She said putting her attention on me. "Yes I am, nice to meet you jazzy right?". I say standing to my feet extending my hand. "Nice to meet you too, come follow me to the wash sinks". She said as she shook my hand.

I follow her to the back and let her wash my hair. We had mini conversations here and there nothing major. She asked me how did I find out about the place and what I wanted to get done.

"So what color are you looking to get?".

"I want dark brown". I say

"Ok Cool".

She dyes and washes my hair again then gives me a good trim. After she's done I pay her and admire my new look. my hair no longer reaches my butt, it's to the middle of my back. I haven't cut my hair in three years. I feel like a brand new person, crazy how different a little hair cut could make you feel.

Before I left I made sure to secure her as my official hair lady. I'm willing to make that hour trip just to get slayed. There's a lot of salons in the ATL but the bomb ones are hard to find. Especially one that's affordable.
***
I arrive back at home around 7, I kick off my shoes as soon as I walk inside and head straight to my living room. I turn on the tv to VH1 for the new episode of love & hiphop as I look for something to cook for dinner. "I guess I'll make steak, cheese broccoli and cheesy mashed potatoes".

I run up stairs quickly so I could wash and put on my pajamas. After my shower I put on some white leggings and a white half shirt looking like a fresh bottle of milk. I throw my hair up in a bun and wash my face after that I brush my teeth. I put on my favorite fuzzy pink slippers then head back downstairs to start cooking my din din.

Ding Dong*

Who could that be...

I walk to the wall and look at the security cameras. It's two guys on my porch dressed in suits, one of the men was holding a brief case.

Ding Dong*

I walk to the door and open it half way. "May I help you?". I ask

"Hi my name is detective Aims & this is my partner detective Brown. Are you Ms. Alsina?". Aims ask

"Yes I am, how may I help you". I ask crossing my arms. "We would just like to ask you a few questions, may we come in?". Brown ask

I hesitate to allow them in. I don't have anything to hide so I agree and just let them in. "Smells amazing in here". Aims said smiling. "Oh yeah I'm just making some dinner". I turn down the stove so my food wouldn't over cook or burn.

"You live alone?". Brown asked sitting his brief case on the island. "Yup by my lonesome". I say leaning up against the counter. "Ms. Alsina we were informed that you have moved down here from a unknown source, they believe that you have something to do with the killings in California. Do you have any insight on that?". Aims ask me taking out his note pad.

Who would possibly know I moved down here besides my family and close friends.

"No I don't believe I do". I say putting on a confused expression. "Why did you decide to move down here out of the blue Ms". Brown asks

"My friend kept begging me to move so I agreed to and since I have a clothing business I thought it would be a great way to expand".

Aims writes down something on his note pad. I keep a straight face and don't give off any signs of discomfort. " Do you know a Brandon Johnson?". Aims ask looking up from his note pad.

Brandon.

"Yes I know a brandon why?".

"Just asking , what were you guys relationship?". Aims ask as he starts writing again in his notes. "There was no relationship, he was just a neighbor to me". Brown stares at me trying to intimidate me little does he know I'm the queen at that shit so I stare directly in his eyes. After a minute of me doing that he looked away. "Thank you for your time, enjoy your dinner". Aims said as him and brown get their things together.

"No thank you, let me walk you guys out". I walk them to the door and close the door right behind them locking it back. I go back to the kitchen where they were standing and reach under the island, I feel something hard. I pull it off and look at it looks like a chip with a red light.

Tried to bug my house.

I turn on the water and throw it in the sink. This son of a bitch tried to snitch on me all the way from California.

California though?.