-H

No.

-D

Why the fuck not?

-H

Language

-D

Oh fuck off

-H

I'm not opening the door and that's final

-D

Why?

-H

A long pause ensued after my answer and then my phone vibrated, announcing a reply.

I don't want to hear what you have to say

-D

You don't even know what I'm going to say

-H

Believe me I do

-D

Fuck you do.

-H

Language

-D

Since when did you care about me swearing? Stop changing the subject.

-H

Just say it like this, I don't want to actually hear it at least.

-D

The motherfuc- ok. Oooook.

Be that way.

I nodded in acknowledgement to Paulo and took the elevator, extremely irritated.

***

I was now on the fire escape stairs and am trying incredibly much to not look down.

I managed to get to a balcony of the room besides Dante's but I have to jump over to him.

The distance isn't much and I'd have jumped it any day, but the height made my stomach drop every time I tried.

I sucked in a large breath and motivated myself.

I pat myself mentally on the back and jump.

Here goes nothing.

I jumped and barely made it on his side, rolling on the balcony into the railing.

My breath was everywhere. A mess.

After catching my breaty,I stood up and tried the balcony door, only to find it locked.

I rapped my knuckles on the door, waiting for someone to open up.

After the third try, I saw the tip of a gun part the curtains and a half of a serious Leo.

As soon as he saw me he dropped the gun to his side and hurriedly ushering me in.

"What are you doing here? How did you-"

"No time to talk. Where's Dante?"

"In the shower, but you need to leave." Leo said, a little awkward leaving his gun on the coffee table.

He moved away running a hand over his stubble.

I placed my body between his gun on the table and himself taking the gun and pointing it to him with steady hands

When he turned to me, his words got stuck into his throat and slowly raised his hands somewhere I could see them.

"Elena ... That's not a toy. Give it to me." He said slowly, as if he was talking to a child.

I gripped the gun tighter, making him stop his stretching arm.

"Get out." I said, my voice cold as ice

"You know I can't leave you in here with Boss and a gun, right? I love you, but you're not in your right mind right now." He said, once again approaching me with small steps.

I switched the safety off with my thumb, aiming towards his right leg.

"Stop it. I'll give you the gun when you're out the door. Now start walking Leo."

He slowly nodded, looking right into my eyes for a hint of uncertainty or foul play.

He backed into the door and slowly opened it, getting out.

I followed him , put the safety on, throwing it towards him and quickly locking the door .

Luckily, these doors could be locked from the inside with a security code.

And fortunately, I know theirs.

I quickly changed the code to one only I know and then locked the door successfully.

I listened by the bathroom door and heard the shower running.

I sighed and calmed myself down, plopping into one of the armchairs in wait for Dante.

He is such a high maintenance man.

So much just for a friendly talk.