1038

^here's Olivia

***

I love dual sim phones.

Dual sims are love.

Dual sims are life.

I'm now at the restaurant, as my replacement as a waitress caught the flu.

Seeing as the Mafia men aren't as demanding as I thought they'd be, I think I can do both jobs just fine.

I asked Jeremy today on my lunch & gossip break for a part of my salary in advance to get a new coat.

I don't know how I didn't catch the flu also, but I seem to be as healthy as ever. Fact that didn't stop me from dreading the moment I have to go up in 1038 again.

Jeremy told me on my lunch break that Dante was very mad yesterday and it's rumoured that he has pretty much destroyed his hotel room and no one was to 'enter his chambers'.

As I took a couple of plates to an elderly couple, I see Olivia waving me down with the most worried face ever.

I signal Mary, my coworker and ask her to cover my tables for a bit and jog to Liv.

"1038?" I ask, dreading the answer

She just nodded, looking scared.

Scared for my life and safety.

I felt warm inside when I realised just how much she cares for me and hugged her tightly.

"If I don't return, you can have my shoe collection that you wanted so much" I wishper in her hair chuckling.

"Don't even joke about that! I'm serious! Be careful out there..." she said, tears forming in her eyes.

I smile and ruffle her bangs.

"I'll be ok,Liv. I bet two soaps that you'll see me tomorrow morning at the usual hour." I try, holding my hand out.

She grabs it and squeezes it tightly.

"Deal." Liv said sniffling, arranging her hair with the other hand. "Please win" she adds in a whisper, squeezing me once again.

I let her hand go, and jog my way to the elevator, quickly slapping her butt on the way.

"Hey!" she yells after me, fake angry.

I just laugh out loud and press the desired floor.

With every ping, my amusement wears down. What made Olivia so worried? Is it really that bad?

As the doors open, the hallway is eerily empty.

Watching American Horror Story Hotel didn't make this situation any better.

Please don't kill me.

Or drink my blood.

Or anything gory.

I step out of the elevator and the doors close behind me.

Gulping, my feet start moving.

No guards today it seems. Even though their presence bothered me slightly the other day I now yearn for their presence. The peace of mind that comes with bodyguards right out the door.

I reach the door and stare at the numbers, quadruple checking if it is the right room.

After a few knocks, no one answers.

I slip my master key card in, seeing the red led turn green and the door opening.

After inhaling a couple of breaths of air to calm me down I push, but the door stops midway, stuck into something.

I pop my head out between the wall and the wooden door and see a mess.

Chairs broken, TV knocked over, mirror shattered and many more damages.

No one in sight yet.

I step over the chair that was blocking the door and ease in, looking around.

I felt like I was in one of those crappy horror movies where teenagers are murdered one by one because they decided to split up or something of the sort.

"Mr Leo? Mr Damiano? Anyone?" I ask into the room, a little spooked.

"Dante? T-this isn't funny." I try again, looking around.

"Wanna know what isn't funny?" A voice startles me, making me spin so fast that I get dizzy.

There was Dante, in the shirt and trousers that he was wearing yesterday, his ție now very loose around his neck.

He looked disheveled and dangerous. Like a hungry animal with a bloody juicy piece of meat in front of him.

And I'm the only meat in sight

I hope he knows that I might be pretty bitter, as I sprayed a little bit too much perfume today.

"Oh, I-I didn't see you there. How are you t-today.Where's Leo?" I stuttered, pretty intimidated by the gun he had casually sitting on the dresser beside him.

"It's funny that you act like you're helping me, but you're not." He replies to his own question, ignoring my words completely.

"W-what do you me-mean?" I stutter again, backing up a step.

"None of the girls on the list had the same phone number as the one I'm looking for."

"Maybe she changed it." I get out in one breath, trying yo get out of this mess.

"Maybe" he dragged out, smirking

Fuck you, Luigi! You're enjoying this!

"But when I asked around about the coat, I found out that it belongs to one of your friends. Are you covering for her?" He asked, getting up slowly, looking me in the eye the hole time.

I backed up some more, my ankle hitting the knocked TV.

I glanced down at the TV and heard him before I saw him.

With large strides he reached me in a second and got so close that I could smell him without even trying to.

Cigarettes, alcohol and musk aftershave.

I scrunched my nose as the smell of smoke entered my nostrils, trying to get farther away, but he put his steel hand on my shoulder, mobilising me.

"Tell me. What are you hiding from me?"