Chapter 55: The Second Night

Start from the beginning

Julie: But this is me swallowing my pride. Standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night." And I go back to December... It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you. Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine. I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right. I'd go back to December, turn around and change my own mind.

With her head hanging low, Julie finished the song.

Julie: I go back to December all the time all the time...

After everybody was done clapping for her, she cleared her throat as the music cut off and said, "I'm so sorry for bringing down the mood like that! How about I make it up to you by bringing out a group of guys who always bring the house down?" They cheered excitedly so she said, "Awesome! Give it up for my awesome friends, Crystal Army!"

She clapped and made her way off the stage as the guys walked onto it. While passing her, Sam said, "You alright?"

"I will be," she responded. "You do your thing."

She patted his arm and walked through the sand to her friends. "Ok, everybody!" John said into the mic. "This is one we hope you all know and love so go ahead and sing along if you want to. Let's all have a good time."

As the music began everybody began moving around. They were either dancing, socializing or just watching the performance but everybody seemed to love Crystal Army.

["Cake By The Ocean" by DNCE.]

Amity and Bree clapped their hands and listened to the song but Kitty and Jake were distracted by Julie, who didn't seem in the mood to party anymore but was still bobbing her head and clapping.

"I'll go talk to Ryder," Jake said.

"Don't," Julie told him.

"Yeah, don't," Kitty agreed. "Because I'm going to." As she walked away, Julie tried to stop her, but there was no point in trying to change her mind. Jake directed Julie's attention back to the stage, where John started to sing.

John: Oh no... See you walking 'round like it's a funeral. Not so serious, girl; why those feet cold? We just getting started; don't you tip toe, tip toe.

From several feet back, Leila stood with Marley, Shana and Santana, trying to get into the song but not able to because John happened to sing a lot of this one. Seeing her, Shana rolled her eyes and said, "Come on. You have to get past this." She grabbed Leila's arm and led her towards the front where some people were dancing.

John (Crystal Army): Ah! Waste time with a masterpiece, don't waste time with a masterpiece (Huh!) You should be rolling with me, you should be rolling with me (Aaahhhh) You're a real life fantasy, you're a real life fantasy (Huh!) But you're moving so carefully; let's start living dangerously.

As the guys sang through the chorus, Shana pulled a couple of random guys from their friends and girlfriends to her, getting Leila and Santana to dance with them, too. Marley refused and politely walked towards the front beside Amity. But despite Shana's attempts at keeping Leila distracted, by the end of the chorus she had already lost her attention again.

Sam with Crystal Army: Talk to me, baby. I'm going blind from this sweet, sweet craving, whoa. Let's lose our minds and go fucking crazy. Ah ya ya ya ya I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean. Walk for me, baby. I'll be Diddy, you'll be Naomi, whoa. Let's lose our minds and go fucking crazy. Ah ya ya ya ya I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean (Huh)

Up on the stage, John was having a great time, especially when he saw that his friends were all dancing along and having fun, too. When he spotted Marley next to Amity, he smiled and made his way closer to their side of the stage.