Mapping It All Out

Something scrapped against his chest causing him to wake. Opening his tired eyes Newt looked downwards to see Rose. Her knees were hugged against her chest and her hands were trying to cling onto his stomach. Seeing her spiked breathing and thrashing body, he immediately knew that she was having a nightmare.

"Rose" he grumbled sitting upwards to light the lantern. Once he had some other source of light than the moon, he was able to see the red marks that stained her cheeks. She had been crying again. "Hey wake up" Newt tried shaking her.

She wouldn't budge though. Instead her tired frame fought against him as if he was trying to harm her. "No." She breathed letting go of him. Once on her back he watched as her hands grabbed ahold of the sheets beneath her. "Get off."

Suddenly her back arched and her head tore back and forth. "Rosanne." Newt grabbed her arms trying to keep her still. "It's a dream love."

"Newt..." She called in her sleep.

"Hey, open your eyes im right here."

"Run... Go go go go." She began to become more violent. Then all of a sudden it got out of control. She was shouting random things, pleading for someone to help. Every muscle in her body was beyond tense. More and more tears trailed down her cheeks. Then she held her breath, Rose stopped breathing.

Newt didn't know what to do, so he followed his instincts. Taking the girl in his arms he attempted to hold her flailing body still. "Rosanne wake up!"

"Get off!" She screeched pushing him away.

Footsteps came charging up the stairs, and as soon as they were close enough the door was pushed open. A panicked group of boys stood by the bed all breathing heavy. Newt however couldn't even look to them. "Rose its me! It's Newt! It's me!" Hearing him speak his own name she stopped fighting him and instead, clung to him as if he was the only thing holding her there. "Open your eyes love, let me see those eyes."

Taking in a large breath she did. Neck straining and eyes watering beyond belief. "Newt..." Galley called confused. Turning to his friends he froze seeing their stares. That is when he remembered, the markings. "What are those." He motioned towards the black ink on her legs.

The lump in his throat grew, but holding her tighter he spoke over her crying. "I'll explain tomorrow in the map room at dawn. Everything is okay, I promise. Just for now, please..." He motioned towards the door.

Minho saw the look on Newt's face. So, turning towards the door he began pushing the others out. Of course both Newt and Minho sent one another a look. Newt's though, had overfilled with a look of gratitude.

Once everyone was out a Minho shut the door Newt picked her up in his arms and adjusted himself higher up on the bed. "Shhh..." He ran his hand through her hair again holding her in his lap.

Rosanne shook her head, lips trembling in sobs. "They made me remember..."

Freezing slightly Newt looked down to her. "Who did?"

"W.I.C.K.E.D. the creators..." Her arms wrapped around his giving her room to slightly rock. "They want me... They want to kill me." Wet tears began to soak his arm. Not letting her see though, Newt allowed his eyes to water as well. "It's going to happen, soon. Everything is going to change... Everything's gonna change."

Hugging her tighter Newt pressed his lips into her hair. "Im right here love. We're not going anywhere..."

"But I am..." Rosanne cracked. "Im going to die. I don't want to die Newt.. Not yet."

"And you won't... I won't let you. I promise. You're ours now, you're mine. You're one of us, we'll protect you."

Through his whole speech Rosanne just shook her head no. "No...I'm theirs. They made me theirs... They made me W.I.C.K.E.D."