Talking To A Brick Wall

"Go, go, go!" Minho's voice cracked as he pushed her forward. The door ahead was closing and the Griever was hot on their tail. "We can make it!" Their bodies pushed the other to run faster, to make it to the other side.

It was one of those days, the Maze was absolutely hectic. Every time they ended up in this position, Rosanne wondered if the other runners had such trouble.

Minho's hand pushed against her shoulder as the door behind them began to close. Both stuttered their steps to turn back towards the Griever. They knew it was going to get out before the door closed, so reaching behind her head Rosanne pulled an arrow. "Rose what are you doing!?"

"Just trust me!" She screamed pulling back the arrow. It's long wooden edge lined up directly towards the oncoming Griever. Once close enough, her fingers loosened and the arrow hit the Griever directly in the eye.

It stopped right where she wanted it to, the wall sealing shut against its body. There was a loud shriek that sounded from its lungs, but quickly it was cut off as it's lungs were crushed.

Letting the scene settle down, Rose let out a breath sheathing her bow over her shoulders once again. Minho stepped forward, eyes looking between hers and the Grievers. "Good shot."

"Thanks." She mumbled watching him step forward. Minho grabbed the arrow from the Grievers head handing it back towards her. As he was about to turn away though, something caught his eye.

A flashing red light blinked through a crack in the Grievers skin. "What's that?" He asked pointing towards it.

Rosanne stepped forward placing the arrow back into her quiver. As she did so, her eyes scanned the red light as well. "I don't know."

The two communicated without words almost instantly. Pulling the large blade from the holster on her right thigh Rose handed it over to Minho. Within seconds he was carving into the chest of the crushed griever. She stayed on watch looking down each stretch of the Maze.

After some snaps and cracking sounds Minho handed back her knife and took her side. There, in his hand was a large flashing red device. "It was where it's heart should be." He mumbled.

Handing it over to Rose he took her spot keeping watch. She studied the device as closely as possible... Then suddenly, another Griever let out a shriek from their right. "Come on, well look at it later. Let's get back to the Glade." Minho stuffed the device into her pack. Together the two took off once again.

However, as they pressed onwards through the Maze more and more Grievers picked up their trail. Whatever the device was, they were not supposed to have it. They needed to keep it safe, they needed to get back.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Taking in long breaths both Minho and Rosanne leaned against their knees. The other runners crowded around them, the door closing behind the last two. "What happened in their?" Winston asked. "They all just came out all at once!"

"We found something." Minho breathed. "Something we're not supposed to have."

"Go get Newt, Galley, and Alby. We meet in the map room now." Rose commanded as she stomped towards the building. The other runners nodded following her command, Minho right on her heels.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Newt entered the room alongside Ben. Once inside though, his eyes flew to Rosanne. She was leaning against the nearby table. Arms crossed over her chest and eyes staring downwards at her feet. "Every bodies here. What's this about?"