Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

The next morning I woke up feeling nervous.

Everything from last night replayed in my head over and over, and as a result, I barely got any sleep. I couldn't believe how the night had ended, and it still was surreal to me.

It was six in the morning, and I definitely didn't want to go in to work today. Mondays were always terrible as far as customer traffic went, and most were in bad moods anyway.

Nervously, I checked my phone, and let out a breath when I saw I didn't have any notifications. I couldn't figure out whether I thought that was a good thing or a bad thing; on one hand, I really didn't want to know what happened in Yoongi's mind last night, but I also kind of did.

I groaned, rubbing my eyes as I dragged myself out of bed. I was slow getting ready this morning, and I knew when I got to the café that I would need to brew myself something strong.

When I finally left the warmth of my apartment for the freezing February air, only half an hour had passed. The walk was about five minutes, so I congratulated myself for getting ready in a decent amount of time.

Jin and Hoseok were already there when I clocked in. They both greeted me, and I braced myself for a long day of work.

At around noon, Hobi and I had our break. I made myself some food and poured myself another cup of coffee, then walked into the back room to our table. Hobi came in a few minutes later.

I ate quietly as usual, but I was surprised that Hoseok wasn't saying anything. I glanced up at his face to find him pouting while eating.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing, it's not like it's my birthday or anything," he said, staring at his food.

I snorted. "Oh, Hoseok, you are so dramatic."

"Whatever," he replied, sticking his tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"So are you going out for your birthday?"

"No," he said sourly. "Jin's busy because his parents are visiting, and I have no friends."

"Oh my god, Hoseok," I said. "I'm your friend. Did you want to go out after work?"

His face lit up like a kid on Christmas. "Really? You would do that?"

I smiled. "Of course. We're friends, and you should celebrate your birthday."

"Thanks, Hyorin!" he shouted, now back to his usual excited self.

The rest of the day passed by quickly. I didn't get a single text from Yoongi all day, and I wondered if he was freaking out about the other night like I was.

At the end of my shift, I stood in the back room, staring at my phone.

To text or not to text?

"What're you doing?" Jin asked, coming into the room.

"Panicking," I mumbled in reply. He gave me an odd look.

"About what?"

"Well," I began, taking a breath. "We're friends, right?"

He raised an eyebrow. "I suppose."

I rolled my eyes. "Gee, thanks. Anyway, you know about Yoongi, right?"

He nodded, sitting down at our table. "That guy you keep saying isn't your boyfriend?"

"We – I . . . he kissed me yesterday. I ran away, and he hasn't texted me or anything, and I usually go to his place after work, but today I'm going out with Hoseok, and I don't know if I should tell him, and –"

Save Me [complete] | min yoongiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara