Chapter Five

Chapter Five

That morning I woke up feeling more rested than I had in past months. I felt as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders, and I could breathe easier.

It was still somewhat early when I got ready for the day, so I decided to go through my phone while waiting for Yoongi to come at noon. It wasn't surprising to see the excessive amount of texts I'd received overnight.

Where are you?! –Mom

Please come home –Mom

It's been five hours. We're going to call the police. –Mom

Get home right now. –Dad

Where are you? We've been looking for you for hours –Unknown Number

I'm so worried about you –Unknown Number

Why did you leave? –Unknown Number

I scoffed as I read the last text. It was very apparent that the number was Jungkook's. Even though he'd asked why I left, I'm pretty sure he knew why.

As for my parents, I wasn't sure if I should respond to them or not. I'm sure that they hadn't actually called the police – a runaway daughter wasn't exactly good for their reputation.

In the end, I decided not to respond. Maybe in a few days I would be willing to talk to them, but at the moment, I was still angry. I was upset that they'd made me get back with Jungkook, and I was upset that he'd cheated on me again.

I let out a breath, deleted all the messages, and then decided to check my social media for the remainder of the time.

Noon came by slower than I'd hoped, but Yoongi was ten minutes early. I practically flew off the bed when I heard the knock, and I opened the door to reveal a grinning Yoongi.

"Hey," he greeted. "I'm glad you answered, I was scared I got the wrong room."

I laughed and pulled him inside, shutting the door behind us. "So, what are we doing today?"

"Well, I don't know about you, but I haven't eaten yet. Wanna grab some food?" he suggested. I nodded enthusiastically as my stomach growled.

Quickly, we headed out into Seoul. The city was full of people, and the weather was nice and cool. We walked for quite some time before we arrived at a café. I was surprised when I realized that I recognized the place.

"This was where we went before, right?" I asked him as he held the door open for me.

"Oh, probably," he said, walking in behind me. "I come here a lot."

We ordered some lunch and sat at a table near the windows at the front of the building. As we ate, we conversed.

"How long do you plan on staying in Seoul?" Yoongi asked me.

"Well, I was kind of thinking that my stay would be permanent."

His eyebrows shot up. "Really?"

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah. I really don't want to go back to Busan ever, and you're here."

An awkward silence settled between us for a moment before I realized what I just said. Quickly, I corrected my mistake. "I mean, uh, you're the only person outside of Busan that I know. . ."

The left side of his lips quirked up into his signature half smile. I felt my face heat up and I looked down to my food as if it would help me hide.