Old Memories On New Days

The tension was thick in the air as I stepped from my office. Voices were echoing loudly in my ears, I was shocked actually. The two voices were louder as I approached the living room. The gray walls in the hallway were familiar enough to me, I could walk through them with my eyes shut. I could finally hear the conversation loud enough to understand what they were saying.

"The Alpha doesn't know what she's doing. Why are we even taking orders from her, she's a girl, she can't run a pack properly. We need an alpha male not a lonely weak alpha female." A voice I recognized all to well spoke, his words rising louder after every sentence.

"Shut up, Ace. She's doing a better job then you'll ever do. She's young but she's tough. Mari's been keeping us safe all this time. you don't think she's doing a good job, then challenge her for position as Alpha. But if you do, I can assure you, you will lose." My beta Ryker growled causing me to flinch.

The room went silent as I stepped into their sights. Angry didn't come anywhere close to how I was feeling. It was taking all my self control to not shift and tear Ace apart for the disrespect he's giving me. Ace stepped back his eyes showing fear and submission. Ryker simply looked at me for a second then with a 'your so screwed' look in Ace's direction.

"So, you want to challenge me now? Let's have it then, you me outside now. Ryker, would you get the pack gathered outdoor in the courtyard in five?" I asked my voice icy calm as I watched Ryker nod and head in the direction of the pack.

Ace's lip shivered as he looked at me. "Ple.. Please, Alpha don, don't do this." He whimpered his blue eyes pleading. The scent of his fear filled my nose as my blue eyes remained calm.

"Get up, now!" I barked at him causing him to flinch. Nobody messes with an Alpha, especially one who has more respect then most Alphas do. He nodded, tears slipping down his face. Ace remained sitting on the ground looking at me his eyes pleading with mine. I wouldn't crack, not know. He wants Alpha's position then he'll have to fight me.

A low growl echoed through the room and the walls shook. Two of my guards ran into the room, their eyes wide and alert ready to protect their alpha at any cost. Both guards had blond hair, as one had hazel eyes as the other had gray. Being trained to protect the alpha an pack, they were well defined. And they clearly dressed to show it. They were wearing jeans and tight fitting shirts.

"Take him to the courtyard. I'll be right out." I spoke my voice remaining icy calm as they nodded and drug Ace from the room. Ryker stepped next to me and I glanced him and agitated look before storming out the front door, slamming it shut behind me.

The pack got quiet as I stepped into view. Their faces showed concern, fear and respect. My calm posture seemed to scare them more then me yelling and screaming. One of the guards who brought Ace out met my gaze and held it. Nodding he stepped into place a light blush coloring his features. Ace sat on the stage, shaking as his eyes widened at me. Once I was fully standing on the stage all eyes traveled onto me then towards Ace, curiosity on their faces.

"So, this meeting has been called because I have been challenged as leader of this pack." My voice boomed loudly before whispers broke out among the pack. "Now, does anyone here think that I am not good enough to run this pack? That a female cant run this pack by herself?" The pack quietly talked amongst themselves before looking at Ace, eyes wide. No body spoke after I looked at them causing silence. "Because apparently, Ace dosent think I can." Ryker stood at the back of the pack his eyes calm as mine filled with anger. His eyes traveled to Ace before shaking his head.

Ace stood up and walked over to me. Several guards stepped closer to the stage. My eyes flashed to them before Ace's claws ran down my left side of my face. Blood ran down my face as Ace looked at me amusement in his eyes. "I don't think you can run this pack. So I do challenge you." He whispered in my ear before stepping back. Jaws dropped as I stepped backwards my eyes wide with shock.

The pack dropped to their knees as I growled loudly causing several Windows in the surrounding houses to shatter. My eyes burned with red color as my wolf shifted out. Ace stood in front of me, his blond colored wolf and and blue eyes glaring at me. Stepping forward I stopped less then a foot.from his face. Submission filled his eyes as I growled again. Several of the packmates stood back to their feet, shaking in fear.

Teeth sank deeply into my shoulder causing me to cry out in pain. I lunged at Ace causing his to whine in pain as his back collided to the ground with such force that his eyes began to water. Hackles rose I stood over his body before grabbing his throat between my teeth. Whimpering out of fear of his life his eyes looked into mine.

Letting go I turned to him, keeping all weight off my right leg. "You will be punished. Disrespecting the Alpha and inflicting these wounds, I should kill you right here right now." My voice dripped venom with each word. "But, I think your punishment will be worse then death." My eyes turned green as I looked at him. Limping away I left the stunned faces of the pack behind and curled by the front door.

Author notes :)

Chapter One started. This is only part one though. Can't wait to publish part two. Have an questions don't be afraid to ask.