Chapter Eighty-Five

Start from the beginning

Peeta chuckles, "Sounds good. Are you sure you don't want to go to sleep yet? I can set an alarm for you for 7?"

I sigh, "That would be good." I say truthfully, only now realizing how exhausted I am.

Peeta smiles and leans down, pressing his lips to my forehead, "Get to sleep. I will see you at 12." He tells me softly and pushes some hair out of my face.

I smile softly and lay down.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I say.

He pats my belly and stands up. He quickly and quietly gets dressed and then leaves the room. A few minutes later I hear the front door close and then his car starting and leaving.

I go back to sleep until the annoying sound of an alarm goes off at 7.

I go to the bathroom and get on some warmer clothes. Then I peek in Willow's room. She's sound asleep and I probably won't wake her until 7:15.

She has her lamb clutched in her arms and held against her chest and her blanket right next to her.

She's gonna sleep with those things until she's 40.

I smile at my beautiful baby and go downstairs.

At 7:15 I go into her room.

"Wake up, Big Sister to be." I say to her.

She groans and shakes her head the way she does every morning.

"Hey, you better get up, sleepy head. Today we get to find out if you're gonna have a baby sister or a baby brother." I remind her.

That's just the motivation to get her up.

Within five minutes she's dressed and I'm in the bathroom fixing her light brown hair. 

"Your hair is getting really really long." I tell her truthfully, brushing it through with my fingers.

She's only had three hair cuts in her life.

It makes her hair easier to fix, even though it's thick and wavy.

"Do I gotta cut it again?"

"Not if you don't want to." I say truthfully.

"I don't. I want my hair long like yours."

"It's almost there." I say truthfully.

She nods, "Will the baby have hair?"

"Probably so. You had lots of hair when you were born so I bet this one will too." I say.

"What if it's a boy?"

"It'll probably have hair too." I laugh a little.

She nods.

I finish her hair and she hugs me, "I love you." She tells me.

I smile back and kiss her head, "I love you too. Let's go get something to eat and go to school."

"Ugh, Momma. Can't I just stay home?"

"Willow, I would let you but you got to go to school and I didn't sleep last night so I want to sleep."

She looks at me, "I will sleep with you."

I can't help but to laugh, "Don't you want to go to school so that it'll go by really fast so we can go to see the baby?"

"It would go faster if I was sleeping." She tells me.

She has a point.

"I'll tell you what. You call Daddy and ask him if you can stay home today and if he says you can then you can." I tell her.