5 : Remember Me

Hey there! This is gonna be a sad one. Be prepared.

Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns Nico and all the Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus characters. I own only the storyline and minor OC's. Even the storyline is sometimes not mine.

Key: (f/s) means 'favorite show'

(Y/n)'s POV

It had been three years since Nico and I were dating. He had asked me out when we were 16. Having had a huge crush on him, I had said yes. And now we're here, our 3 year anniversary.

Nico has been ignoring me for a week. Me, being me, didn't bother to talk to him. Gosh, I am so dense. I think I should talk to him.

I drove to Nico's apartment. I climbed the stairs to his apartment and knocked on the door. There was no answer. I knocked once more. Still there was no reply.

He must be out with his friends, as his girlfriend was ignoring him... Gods, I'm so freaking stupid.

I am stupid, but he isn't. He didn't forget our anniversary, did he?

No, he would never. I should go back to my apartment and just wait.

What if he's out having fun, leaving you alone?

He would never! I know him.

What if he's out, hanging out with another girl?

SHUT UP! He would never cheat on me. I trust him with all my life.

I sigh as my inner voices battle with each other. I rub my temples and drive back to my own apartment.

I change into some comfy pajamas and order some pizza. I sit in front of the TV on the couch, having decided to binge watch many seasons of (f/s) on Netflix.

The doorbell rang. It was the pizza guy. I collect the pizza and pay the guy. I sit on the couch and start to watch (f/s).

After almost a season later, my phone beeped. I leaped to it, thinking it would be Nico's message. And it was.

Ghost King: Hello beautiful, happy anniversary. Meet me at McDonald's. ;)

I had a huge smile on my face. He hadn't forgotten!! I knew it! My ghost king never fails me.

I get ready as fast as I can, trying to look as good as the time allowed. I quickly wore a (f/c) jumpsuit. I put on some mascara and lipgloss and fixed my hair.
I wore my favourite (vans/uggs/heels), grabbed my phone and house keys and head out the door.

I sat in my car and drove to McDonald's. Nico was nuts about McDonald's. He was probably the biggest McDonald's fanboy, his eyes twinkling and him squealing like a nine year old kid when he got the happy meal.

I smiled at his cuteness. I got off the car and entered McDonald's. I sat in a table in the corner of the room. He wasn't here yet. Guess I'll have to wait....

I took my phone out and started playing games and checking social media. Suddenly, I receive a call from Nico. I pick it up.

"Hi, Nico!"

"Hey, Princess. Sorry, I'm a bit late. Stuck in the traffic. Blah blah."

I giggled, "It's alright. I just reached McDonald's."

"What?! You've already reached! And here I am, the one who invited you himself is late." He sighed.

"I swear it's okay, Nico. I have waited a lot for this day. I'll wait a bit more."